Tubby and Tonight

Roland Brooks

Reaction score
Joe Coleman was awful tonight. He really needs to work on his handle. At times it looks like there is no one home and air between the ears. If the game is up tempo and the ball being pushed up the court Coleman is real valuable. In a half court set he really struggles.

Who works with the guards? Do they know how to deliver a pass to the post? Awful recognition... Trevor had his guy sealed 3-4 times and the points guard couldnt deliver the ball. Real poor.

Rodney played with no energy. Played liked he just got dumped by his girlfriend.

Tubby down 7.... 1:20+ left... THe Gophers just got a big stop but they are struggling to run a play. Trevor is on the bench and Ingram is trying to run the pick and roll with Dre. Why not take a timeout? Tubby had two time outs left! At that point that was the biggest posession of the game. A chance to cut it to 5 or 4. Funny when I walked out of the barn Tubby still had one timeout left....

Bottom line whipped the Gophers arse. Big game against the Wildcats next wednesday.

Joe Coleman was awful tonight. He really needs to work on his handle. At times it looks like there is no one home and air between the ears. If the game is up tempo and the ball being pushed up the court Coleman is real valuable. In a half court set he really struggles. Who works with the guards? Do they know how to deliver a pass to the post? Awful recognition... Trevor had his guy sealed 3-4 times and the points guard couldnt deliver the ball. Real poor. Rodney played with no energy. Played liked he just got dumped by his girlfriend. Tubby down 7.... 1:20+ left... THe Gophers just got a big stop but they are struggling to run a play. Trevor is on the bench and Ingram is trying to run the pick and roll with Dre. Why not take a timeout? Tubby had two time outs left! At that point that was the biggest posession of the game. A chance to cut it to 5 or 4. Funny when I walked out of the barn Tubby still had one timeout left.... Bottom line whipped the Gophers arse. Big game against the Wildcats next wednesday.
Great insight and they have been missing Trev quite a bit esp in the Indiana game, so hope the coaches patch that up. First half, Tubby had words with Rodney during time out.

Just had a bad game... Doesn't change my thoughts on the team. Disappointing? Yes. But what matters are the games in march. Go Gophers!

hmm...

Just had a bad game... Doesn't change my thoughts on the team. Disappointing? Yes. But what matters are the games in march. Go Gophers!

coleman had 6 assists. 4 boards and 2 to's.... not a bad game imho... he just did not shine as much offensiely tonight as he has the last 2 games... coleman is a very solid player/warrior and i'll take him on my team 9 days out of 10

4 straight missed ft's.... 2 to cut thelead to 5.. I trust TRevor to make clutch free throws more than Joe now!!!

coleman had 6 assists. 4 boards and 2 to's.... not a bad game imho... he just did not shine as much offensiely tonight as he has the last 2 games... coleman is a very solid player/warrior and i'll take him on my team 9 days out of 10

coleman needs to learn how to finish with runners rather than just dunks... he knows all his dunks will be challenged and when you go up with 2 hands, there is nothing to catch your fall when the contact comes.. he gets into the lane.. but then bails.

1/4 from the floor. 3/8 from the line. Got beat on a back cut twice. Poor help defense on a drives to the hoop by Trey Burke.

Indecisive on weather he should shoot or drive. The ball died in his hands many times. I will take him 4 out 5 days tonight was a tough one.

Talking about the team, not just Coleman. We got outplayed against a top 5 team, move on to the next one.

The post feed is something most college guards struggle with, not just the Gophers. It's why post players are so less valuable in the NCAA without a guard who can feed them.

It is just something most college guards haven't developed yet.

scher 215... good call. Too much AAU everyone works on their handle instead of the basics like making a simple entry pass to the post.

Duke guards have no trouble feeding Plumlee in the post. He is a big target though. I can see why Coleman and Rodney would have trouble as their defender is already standing back 3 feet because they aren't afraid of their outside shot. I think they need to take this shot at times, we get 50% of the rebounds its better than a turnover. Plus they make 30% of them?

Top Bottom