Tubby and Cory in Florida

Section201

Reaction score
Tubby was in Florida watching Cory play against #19 rated Winter Park.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20091220/SS05/91220002/1010/sports/Findlay-wins-clash-of-guards

"Findlay Prep defeated No. 19 Winter Park 86-75 on Saturday night in front of about 2,000 fans in a game at the 37th Annual City of Palms Classic at Bishop Verot High School’s John J. Nevins Gymnasium..."

"Joseph scored a game-high 27 points, making 5 of 7 3-point field goals, but the future Division I player made his biggest impressions in defending Rivers.
University of Minnesota coach Tubby Smith, who coaches Joseph’s brother, sophomore guard Devoe, attended the game.

Cory Joseph has narrowed his college choices to Minnesota, UNLV, Connecticut, Texas and Villanova."

Way to keep after him Tubby !!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice to see this. Really be great if the Gophers get him. I went to the Findlay web site. What stood out is they have an 11 man roster with 7 players from other countries. It appears they take their basektball very seriously. Looks as if they could compete at Div.III level. I think they take at least 12 road trips to other states.

Nice to see this. Really be great if the Gophers get him. I went to the Findlay web site. What stood out is they have an 11 man roster with 7 players from other countries. It appears they take their basektball very seriously. Looks as if they could compete at Div.III level. I think they take at least 12 road trips to other states.

Seriously? This is the best hs basketball team in the country and they turn out multiple five * players every year. They could easily compete at a DI level.

You're probably right burton34. I think I got a little carried away with the road trips. I was counting the states, not taking into account that they're staying on the road and hitting another state. Sorry about that. Their lone loss is to Columbus Northland.

As much as I want Cory, I have a bad feeling about getting him after the youtube video I just saw (see below)

In the video he stresses style of play preferring a run-gun-style of basketball, raves about Coach's Wright and Barnes, seemed like Tubby was an after thought when he brought up Minnesota, and gave praise to everyone at the end without even mentioning his brother when he had just mentioned his mother and sisters.

I hope Tubby finds a way to get it done in the worst way, Cory would solidify our backcourt for years to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT7vllhESU

As much as I want Cory, I have a bad feeling about getting him after the youtube video I just saw (see below)

In the video he stresses style of play preferring a run-gun-style of basketball, raves about Coach's Wright and Barnes, seemed like Tubby was an after thought when he brought up Minnesota, and gave praise to everyone at the end without even mentioning his brother when he had just mentioned his mother and sisters.

I hope Tubby finds a way to get it done in the worst way, Cory would solidify our backcourt for years to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT7vllhESU

Maybe he felt like he didn't need to give a shoutout to his brother when he already talked about him earlier in the interview. He gave a shoutout to his mom like you said, which would make you think he's probably pretty close with her and she's been quoted saying she wants him to be a Gopher. Maybe if he's close with her he'll be more likely to take her advice to be a Gopher. Thanks for making me that much more confident with our chances.

Top Bottom