Trying to remember regarding last years team

Doc1001

Reaction score
Did they have those early morning runs and workouts? Were they strenuous or is this quite new?

While I can't speak for last year, or any of Brewster's years, this is not uncommon throughout the country. It used to be that winter conditioning would run 3-4 days/week for 4 weeks leading up to spring practice. I think it has evolved into all of spring semester leading up to spring ball.

They are typically strenuous in nature but every coach is different.

I think they pretty much hung out at McDonald's and played cards till class started.

The conditioning under Mason and even last year we not what these guys are going through. Mason and last year had these guys running or should I say jogging either a series of 40's or
100 rds. They would let up and coast to the finish. It was about how long you could go, or some sort of fighting through the wall test. If you remember back in the day Jake Kuppe trials and whether he could complete the 15 100 yard dash? If I don't miss my guess. The conditioning now will be 40 yard sprints, a short recovery. And 40 yard sprint. There could be 10 yard sprints. All timed, all charted. Its all about burst and recovery. There will be no jogging, even to or from a drill. This is muscle training and conditioning.

The conditioning under Mason and even last year we not what these guys are going through. Mason and last year had these guys running or should I say jogging either a series of 40's or
100 rds. They would let up and coast to the finish. It was about how long you could go, or some sort of fighting through the wall test. If you remember back in the day Jake Kuppe trials and whether he could complete the 15 100 yard dash? If I don't miss my guess. The conditioning now will be 40 yard sprints, a short recovery. And 40 yard sprint. There could be 10 yard sprints. All timed, all charted. Its all about burst and recovery. There will be no jogging, even to or from a drill. This is muscle training and conditioning.

I can tell you that the winter conditioning that Kill is putting his guys through sounds an awful lot like what Mason's teams did in the winter. Trust me.

Top Bottom