True or False? If the Gs show up in Iowa City...

Reaction score
in NW/MSU-mode they have a real shot at an upset...if not, it's likely another November blowout.

My take: After last year's fiasco, Brew & Co should be overtime-plus to get the Gs prepped and the team...especially the seniors...should be playing at a higher level for that first trophy win under TB.

At the risk of being one of the "idiots" in the Hole, NW/MSU-mode gives them a shot.

If by Northwestern mode you mean, able to have the intestinal fortitude and mental toughness that the Wildcat players and Coach Fitzgerald displayed against Iowa, I think you are correct.

For whatever reason, though, Gopher hibernation season seems to kick in in November every year.

As an Iowa fan, I'm always happy that the Minnesota game is at the END of the Big 10 season - because you guys really seem to play well in September and the first part of October - then inevitably collapse.

I expect a good game - and although the final score didn't indicate it - I think Minnesota WAS up and well-prepared for the Iowa game last year. But turnovers happened and bad things escalated and things just spiraled out of control for Minnesota.

Top Bottom