True Freshmen to watch for the Gophers

Happened in Spring ball, I don't think anyone has reported specifics but some rummers say it was serious.
He was in pass coverage and went up with the receiver for the ball and came down awkward on the leg and was writhing in pain. Took awhile to get him up and he could not put any pressure on leg while being helped off. My guess at that time was not good and the way it sounds that it wasn't. He was having a good day also. If he is out for awhile, I would hope they would give Rush the Ohio kid a shot, as he had a good freshman year and played well at the end of the year. But it sounds like they want him to play "rush end". Aune was also playing well that day.

He was in pass coverage and went up with the receiver for the ball and came down awkward on the leg and was writhing in pain. Took awhile to get him up and he could not put any pressure on leg while being helped off. My guess at that time was not good and the way it sounds that it wasn't. He was having a good day also. If he is out for awhile, I would hope they would give Rush the Ohio kid a shot, as he had a good freshman year and played well at the end of the year. But it sounds like they want him to play "rush end". Aune was also playing well that day.
Edit. didn't read post thoroughly

In a recent PJ interview, he said Rush will try to take over Coughlin's role at rush end. Look for James Gordon and Donald Willis to be battling for playing time next to MSM.

In a recent PJ interview, he said Rush will try to take over Coughlin's role at rush end. Look for James Gordon and Donald Willis to be battling for playing time next to MSM.

So you're saying they want Rush to play Rush end?

Battle hardened, by the heating Coyles.

Fleck, and almost all other coaches, will continue to redshirt most first year players

If you recruit top talent they only stay 3 max 4 years. Players know if they are better than the guy ahead of them. If you redshirt them for the sake of redshirting you are losing a year of play or watching the guy transfer out anyway because he knew he should have played.

Look at the schools we want to compete with... Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson... they dont redshirt the big stars because there's no reason to. For example, Harry Miller wasn't needed at Ohio State last year but they didnt redshirt him because he won't be there 5 years anyway.

If you recruit top talent they only stay 3 max 4 years. Players know if they are better than the guy ahead of them. If you redshirt them for the sake of redshirting you are losing a year of play or watching the guy transfer out anyway because he knew he should have played.

Look at the schools we want to compete with... Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson... they dont redshirt the big stars because there's no reason to. For example, Harry Miller wasn't needed at Ohio State last year but they didnt redshirt him because he won't be there 5 years anyway.

of course...thats why i said MOST first year players will be redshirted....we will always have a few guys each class that wont be and hopefully that number conintues to grow....but a place like MN will always take advantage of that 5th year on players

It sounds like Melle Kreuder isn’t on campus and may not be coming.

of course...thats why i said MOST first year players will be redshirted....we will always have a few guys each class that wont be and hopefully that number conintues to grow....but a place like MN will always take advantage of that 5th year on players
Hope so.

Any more details? COVID/travel delays or may not be coming at all?

He’s probably not coming back. He was an early enrollee and participated in the shortened Spring practice, and is very raw. We probably shouldn’t sweat it.

He’s probably not coming back. He was an early enrollee and participated in the shortened Spring practice, and is very raw. We probably shouldn’t sweat it.

I forgot he was here for the spring.

Perhaps he had a reality check going against that big Gopher OL.

Top Bottom