Troy stoudermire appears to be leaving

Reaction score
According to his facebook he will be taking his talents to another school. Wish him the best of luck with his future career. Its never a good sign players transfer in the middle of a season. Hopefully more news on the situation to come.

Locker Room Turmoil...he won't be the only one announcing a Transfer in the next couple weeks...

IMO no big loss. The distraction is not good, but he was hardly a difference maker. Good luck at Bowling Green or wherever he goes...

Locker Room Turmoil...he won't be the only one announcing a Transfer in the next couple weeks...

I'm not convinced that's it yet. Stoudemire has always seemed to have an ego much bigger than his game. Perhaps he feels like he's being held back by this staff. He's not, but he might feel that way.

I'm not convinced that's it yet. Stoudemire has always seemed to have an ego much bigger than his game. Perhaps he feels like he's being held back by this staff. He's not, but he might feel that way.

I believe that could be the case. Remember a few games last year he'd get a first down & do something stupid like talk trash & it would pretty much negate the gain? I remember I wanted him benched during the Cal game because he did something stupid like that after a critical 3rd Down...

Some people you just can't get thru to...

Regrettable

Whether pro or con on Brewster...this is a regrettable turn of events.

This team is better off with Troy on it than off regardless of who's HC.

It is my sincere hope that whatever "this" is indeed passes.

Hard to imagine that whatever happened is enough for a player to voluntarily leave the team.

Reusse predicted in Year 1 BE (Brewster Era) that around year 4 BE those who joined near or at the start would not be able to stand the HC any more by now. The reported action is the kind of thing that aligns with his prediction absent any other information.

I haven't posted this observation until now but have been thinking it more of late after the SDU loss.

If true, then we'll have a new coach for next season and whatever comes with that change.

In the meantime, NIU is looming as even more important than it should be. A win is imperative for the current regime.

Go Gophers! Beat NIU!

Well...maybe he wasn't happy being the #3 WR now that Gray & McKnight are in front of him...

This is the last thing Brewster needs. Even if TS stays on the team, the press and those that have lost faith in Brewster will have a field day. And I doubt the storm will be abated even if Brewster is fully in the right to suspend him.

#1 - seems like he's pouting.
#2 - seems like he's probably legitimately leaving, though, now too.
#3 - I agree, he won't be the only one to leave. If I were Gray, for example, I'd consider the same.

#3 - I agree, he won't be the only one to leave. If I were Gray, for example, I'd consider the same.

Why would you leave if you were Gray? He is legitimately already the #1 WR on the team and also the starting QB in waiting. Its obvious he is the odds on favorite to be the starter at QB next year (maybe earlier depending on Weber) and if that doesn't work out he's most definitely the #1 WR. The guy knows the team, knows the school, and knows the offense. Its not like he doesn't have alot of opportunity here (probably more than 99% of the other BCS programs). Also, I highly doubt he wants to sit out another year after what he had to go through to get here and then start learning everything all over again.

man you are a great fan, why don't you leave too.

I'm on the side that says he's quitting because gray just bumped him down a notch on the depth chart, coupled with the suspension now.

Whether pro or con on Brewster...this is a regrettable turn of events.

This team is better off with Troy on it than off regardless of who's HC.

It is my sincere hope that whatever "this" is indeed passes.

Hard to imagine that whatever happened is enough for a player to voluntarily leave the team.

Reusse predicted in Year 1 BE (Brewster Era) that around year 4 BE those who joined near or at the start would not be able to stand the HC any more by now. The reported action is the kind of thing that aligns with his prediction absent any other information.

I haven't posted this observation until now but have been thinking it more of late after the SDU loss.

If true, then we'll have a new coach for next season and whatever comes with that change.

In the meantime, NIU is looming as even more important than it should be. A win is imperative for the current regime.

Go Gophers! Beat NIU!

Who has chosen to leave?

Kevin Whaley got tossed, B. Smith went home to be by his family, the S who got kicked out for smoking pot, Maresh failed out....

I can't really think of a lot of players leaving over a difference with Brewster outside of Stoud and Rengal. I'm not saying anything is more to come, I have no idea, but this is surely in the realm of normal amount of departures (at the same time Carufel, Royston, Beale, and Henderson all transferred in).

So he would only have 1 year of eligibility left, correct? Why on earth would you switch schools and sit out a year, only to be able to play 1 more year?

So he would only have 1 year of eligibility left, correct? Why on earth would you switch schools and sit out a year, only to be able to play 1 more year?

He could go to a D1-AA school and not have to sit out a year.

I think when he thinks about it for a few minutes he might realize he's kind of screwed if he leaves. it might not turn out so bad when all is said and done.

I always figured it was a matter of time before he finally broke a kickoff return for a TD. He was on the edge of it so many times. If he transfers, the kickoff TD total will remain at 0 for him. I can't imagine how much more can go WRONG for this team. I hope we can all look back some day and say that September '10 was rock bottom for this program and it was all up hill from there.

A longshot, I know, but does anyone know if Stoudermire's family ever lived in Freeport, Illinois? I know he's from Dallas, but when I was living in Illinois a long time ago (mid-70's) there was a stud athlete (football & basketball) from Freeport that played against my brother with the exact same name and spelling of the last name. Just got me thinking that that could be Troy's father.

man you are a great fan, why don't you leave too.

Try to be a little more open-minded. I love the Gophers very much, but I also realize that each of these young men needs to do what's best for him. I agree with the poster - if I were Gray, I would've left the program a long time ago. The staff clearly believes Gray should be a WR. Brewster has tried to manipulate Gray to convert by exclaiming to the world that Gray will be a top 10 draft pick as a WR. GRAY WANTS TO BE A QB. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. He doesn't care what others think. Let the boy be the architect of his own life. Brewster shouldn't try to modify his dreams. He was sold on the "U" by the ultimate salesman that he would be their star spread QB. Look at what's transpired since. I feel terribly bad for him. He should be starting this year. Weber had three full years as the starter - Gray is equally entitled to three full years. Brewster has done him a disservice and if someone has integrity, he or she would easily see that and admit it.

GRAY WANTS TO BE A QB. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. He doesn't care what others think. Let the boy be the architect of his own life. Brewster shouldn't try to modify his dreams. He was sold on the "U" by the ultimate salesman that he would be their star spread QB. Look at what's transpired since. I feel terribly bad for him. He should be starting this year. Weber had three full years as the starter - Gray is equally entitled to three full years. Brewster has done him a disservice and if someone has integrity, he or she would easily see that and admit it.

How do you know?

Try to be a little more open-minded. I love the Gophers very much, but I also realize that each of these young men needs to do what's best for him. I agree with the poster - if I were Gray, I would've left the program a long time ago. The staff clearly believes Gray should be a WR. Brewster has tried to manipulate Gray to convert by exclaiming to the world that Gray will be a top 10 draft pick as a WR. GRAY WANTS TO BE A QB. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. He doesn't care what others think. Let the boy be the architect of his own life. Brewster shouldn't try to modify his dreams. He was sold on the "U" by the ultimate salesman that he would be their star spread QB. Look at what's transpired since. I feel terribly bad for him. He should be starting this year. Weber had three full years as the starter - Gray is equally entitled to three full years. Brewster has done him a disservice and if someone has integrity, he or she would easily see that and admit it.

This is completely contrary to every single interview and quote I have heard from Gray. He seems like the ultimate team player. A long time ago? He is a true sophomore behind a 4 yr senior QB. He is the #2 QB sophomore getting serious playing time this year at WR. The team is his next year to lose at the QB position.

People make dumb decisions in the heat of the moment. Maybe he'll come to his senses sometime this week, man up & accept his suspension & stay with the team...

As much as I agree that Gray should be playing the position he was bought here for...word around the "U" is that he does enjoy playing receiver...

As much as I agree that Gray should be playing the position he was bought here for...word around the "U" is that he does enjoy playing receiver...

He could make alot of money at reciever, he has size, speed, and decent hands. He just needs to develop his skills at that position. He could at quarterback also, but that is less of a given. In the long run it might be better for him to be playing reciever.

Why wouldn't Gray want to play receiver? At this point it is his only route to the NFL.

Got it. So the players should run the team. 100% clear that you don't really know football.

Top Bottom