Trouble with Gopher phone app

LakerFan

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues? Went to pull up my northwestern tickets and App errors out repeatedly finally got a message saying to wait for an update to the App to fix, went to updates and none available.

It worked fine for me yesterday when I moved my tix to my wallet. I'm on an iPhone 13 running iOS 16.0.2.

Sent an email to the gopher office

This has been an ongoing issue since inception. The University does not care and refuses to correct it. I would email Mark Coyle and complain. It will not change until the athletic department decides customer service is a thing. [email protected]

It's an awful app and the U has done nothing to fix it. They clearly don't care.

I had to call them and request them to re-send the email with direct links to my tickets. Brutal

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me too.

App is horrendous. I always start this process days before the game anticipating trouble

App never works for me. I end up just going to gophersports.com/myaccount and enter my account info and then go through the process there.

Do all the people with issues have an Android? The people I've heard this from are all on Android, and all had success uninstalling then reinstalling it. I am on Apple, and haven't had any issues.

Although I did try to transfer tickets to my wife the day of one time that didn't work. Just ended up logging in on her phone and downloading them directly to her phone (which worked). I have learned to always download tickets before the day-of in case the app doesn't work.

I feel bad for you folks who are having problems, and hope the issues are straightened out quickly and to your satisfaction.

Still, I have to thank you for your posts, as they remind me to put my tix in my phone’s wallet.

Do all the people with issues have an Android? The people I've heard this from are all on Android, and all had success uninstalling then reinstalling it. I am on Apple, and haven't had any issues.

Although I did try to transfer tickets to my wife the day of one time that didn't work. Just ended up logging in on her phone and downloading them directly to her phone (which worked). I have learned to always download tickets before the day-of in case the app doesn't wor
I have an Android and had the same problem as those described above. Went to the Women's Basketball game on Monday. Worked fine at home but at Williams it kept shutting down when I went to Manage Tickets. So I went to the window an got a paper ticket. During the the game I did a reinstall and it worked. Really don't like having to load to Google Wallet. What is the point? Why doesn't it just popup a QR code or barcode like the Lynx? Had the same issue last year.

Aside from connectivity issues on game-day - I've had no problems. Now that being said, the aforementioned problem is a BIG one. Def annoying to pre-load tickets.

So your comment had me checking my account....and I did have trouble...got them loaded to my wallet but had to try a few times. Lord.

My iphone didn't cooperate at first, but a 2nd try was successful. My wife mentioned
operator error. Not sure what she means.

Take a screen shot of each ticket at home so it is in your pictures and use that for a back up if you have problems.

So your comment had me checking my account....and I did have trouble...got them loaded to my wallet but had to try a few times. Lord.
Same for me. Had to keep trying but finally got tickets moved to my wallet. I have never had a problem before.

I had the same problem today, uninstalling/reinstalling worked. Took less than 5 minutes.

I tend to think it's as much a crappy phone/Android issue as the App. The Gopher app isn't the only one I have had problems with.

Uninstalled and reinstalled worked for me. ANDROID. Had to do that to get tickets to move to Google wallet.

I have an Android and had the same problem as those described above. Went to the Women's Basketball game on Monday. Worked fine at home but at Williams it kept shutting down when I went to Manage Tickets. So I went to the window an got a paper ticket. During the the game I did a reinstall and it worked. Really don't like having to load to Google Wallet. What is the point? Why doesn't it just popup a QR code or barcode like the Lynx? Had the same issue last year.
I use Google wallet. It does have a QR code, at least mine does. It's worked really slick so far for me this season. Perhaps I am defying the odds.

I recently purchased an iPhone 14 because I needed an upgrade from my older Android. Even with the new phone, if the internet signal isn't strong, I have trouble downloading my tickets.

For the luddites out there it's very easy to get analog (e.g., paper) tickets. Works like a charm every time.

Trees grow back but electrons are gone forever...

Still having the same issue today. Had to go to my Chrome window browser on my phone to eventually get the tickets to download to my Wallet App

I use Google wallet. It does have a QR code, at least mine does. It's worked really slick so far for me this season. Perhaps I am defying the odds.
I load them all into Google wallet. Very slick.

Top Bottom