Trouble at OSU.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has dismissed starting tailback Carlos Hyde from the team after an alleged assault against a female, according to a published report.

The Columbus Dispatch reported on Monday that Hyde was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault against a female in a downtown Columbus bar. The newspaper cited sources saying Hyde was dismissed from the team over the incident early Saturday.

In a separate incident, first-team cornerback Bradley Roby is being investigated over another assault in Indiana, this one involving him allegedly striking a security guard at a bar.

Go Gophers!!

Sad to see these young people doing such stupid things but good to see that they are not receiving special treatment as football players. We should not cheer this and instead remember that we have had our own problems in the past (and to less serious charge, very recently). Hope these kids figure things out.

Sad to see these young people doing such stupid things but good to see that they are not receiving special treatment as football players. We should not cheer this and instead remember that we have had our own problems in the past (and to less serious charge, very recently). Hope these kids figure things out.[/QUOTE]

It is not unique to any specific university. It is the god damned dumb kids.

rumor is he might not be dismissed just suspended.

They need to look at their commits and depth chart before the hand of justice either smacks him down, or helps him up.

Tongue firmly in cheek, so just settle down.

In Colorado when Barnett protected athletes accused of rape he ended up losing his job...the President lost hers for not firing him on the spot and eventually the AD was shown the door. We are past the time when protecting good athletes from bad behavior is in any way acceptable. If it looks like an assault occurred, I would hope the kid gets expelled immediately.

I wish kids would learn the statement: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

I wish kids would learn the statement: "Nothing good happens after midnight."

Nothing good happens before 8 a.m.

Ohio State will plug in somebody else and he'll be spectacular. Depth...must be nice!

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer has dismissed starting tailback Carlos Hyde from the team after an alleged assault against a female, according to a published report.

The Columbus Dispatch reported on Monday that Hyde was named as a person of interest in a weekend assault against a female in a downtown Columbus bar. The newspaper cited sources saying Hyde was dismissed from the team over the incident early Saturday...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...e-didn-t-strike-alleged-victim-232225921.html

"Surveillance footage from a Columbus nightclub appears to clear Ohio State running back Carlos Hyde of an alleged assault, a source familiar with the investigation told Yahoo! Sports.

...Charges are not expected to be filed against Hyde after video from Sugar Bar 2 shows he didn't appear to make contact with an alleged victim who claimed to have been assaulted early Saturday morning, a source who spoke to Yahoo! Sports on the condition of anonymity said. The source said video shows Hyde speaking in the direction of the alleged victim just prior to her punching him in the head. The video then shows Hyde leaving the area and reaching back in the woman's direction in a non-confrontational manner, the source said. From the video, it doesn't appear Hyde ever made contact with the woman – either before or after she struck him, the source said...

The alleged victim filed a police report Saturday, claiming she had been assaulted by an unknown man she believed she could identify by sight. Hyde was not named in the report or arrested, but was later named a "person of interest" as police investigated."

"We are past the time when protecting good athletes from bad behavior is in any way acceptable."

I hope we are. But the U's handling of Trevor Mbakwe's issues speaks differently.

My first question was - is this guy old enough to be in a bar? I couldn't find his exact age, but he is listed as a Senior on the OSU roster, so it's likely that he is old enough to drink.

Top Bottom