Trophy Game Question

4four4

Reaction score
Is it possible the Governor's Victory Bell trophy could be played twice in the same season? Or is it only for regular season games?

I wish Penn State would just say that they "lost" the trophy.

Is it possible the Governor's Victory Bell trophy could be played twice in the same season? Or is it only for regular season games?

The Big Ten has said it will be up to the competing schools in the B1G Championship Game if they will play for the trophy as well as the title. So, yes, the Bell and the Axe could be played for twice in a season.

I would expect that the trophies would be on the line whenever the game is played. There would be something wrong with keeping the trophy when you lose. The game is the game.

I'd love to see the Victory bell dropped off the bus and run over...

I agree. Lose the bell. It's presence waters down the axe, pig, and jug, all of which have real meaning.

This is not to say a new trophy can't have value. I think the Heartland trophy is worth something as will be the Heroes trophy.

The other one that should be dropped is the 'Land Grant' trophy!

I think the trophy should just be for the regular season game. The trophies contribute to making those games special; the championship game is special all on its own.

Top Bottom