Treyton Thompson has officially entered the transfer portal

so where are we at with Schollys? 4 open? 5 counting rambergs?
Samuals-Chrisite
Battle-Open
Cooper-Open
TT-Open
Henley-Open
Ramber-?

so where are we at with Schollys? 4 open? 5 counting rambergs?
Samuals-Chrisite
Battle-Open
Cooper-Open
TT-Open
Henley-Open
Ramber-?
1. Payne
2. Carrington
3. Olo-Joseph
4. Betts
5. Garcia
6. Cooper
7. Fox
8. Ihnen
9. Christie
10. Ramberg
11. Battle

I'm only going from the official announcements, we currently have two/three scholarships open (depending upon Ramberg).

The program depended on TT? I was bummed about Henley. This one builds a little confidence for me. I would be worried if Ben had changed his mind and begged TT to stay.
No of course not. But I kind of doubt this is the end. Also they're not wasting any time in leaving. And these are on top of Battle and Cooper not returning.

Can't wait to replace him with Stephen F Austin's backup center.
Ben is recruiting for his coaching career. If he does the above, his career is over after this year. In the past, it appears that Ben has recruited half heartedly when he got past 7-8 solid guys, because he was concerned about playing time. My guess is that the days of thinking that way are over. It's all in time for Ben.

The program depended on TT? I was bummed about Henley. This one builds a little confidence for me. I would be worried if Ben had changed his mind and begged TT to stay.
TT likely isn't moving the needle on where this team is next year. However, it would appear we're going to have a multitude of open scholly's to fill, and am skeptical based on CBJ's history that we'll be able to fill them all. If my options are having TT take up a scholly, have it go unused, or give it to Ramberg, I'm taking TT every time. Again, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter a ton; at the very least he gives you 5 fouls at the 4 or 5 position.

edit: on the plus side, as much as transfers out stink, I do appreciate the quickness of them. Get them over with and figure out soon how bad this process is going to be. They could bide their time and really draw it out if they wanted to.

Last edited:

Ben is recruiting for his coaching career. If he does the above, his career is over after this year. In the past, it appears that Ben has recruited half heartedly when he got past 7-8 solid guys, because he was concerned about playing time. My guess is that the days of thinking that way are over. It's all in time for Ben.
Shouldn't you be all-in from the get go? Or does $2MM only buy you half-in? Results have been about 10% in up to this point.

i think he can contribute on a Summit league team.....
NDSU....bit closer to his hometown if that matters to him

Depends if he has girlfriend I suppose, if not, he'll find a wife from a wealthier family probably at St. Thomas rather than NDSU. That would affect his lifetime financial future a lot more.

TT likely isn't moving the needle on where this team is next year. However, it would appear we're going to have a multitude of open scholly's to fill, and am skeptical based on CBJ's history that we'll be able to fill them all. If my options are having TT take up a scholly, have it go unused, or give it to Ramberg, I'm taking TT every time. Again, in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter a ton; at the very least he gives you 5 fouls at the 4 or 5 position.

edit: on the plus side, as much as transfers out stink, I do appreciate the quickness of them. Get them over with and figure out soon how bad this process is going to be. They could bide their time and really draw it out if they wanted to.
My prediction is that they won't all go used. That's just too many, it seems to me.

he couldnt find a role on Loyola but hes expected to be our backup center???

i suppose....ben and his MN connections

Yes, he was a backup type center on Loyola. I think he would be good enough in that role here. Unfortunately, he's not a very good free throw shooter.

Top Bottom