Trey Potts

All indications seem to point to him being healthy and ready to go for 2022.

With the play of Thomas and Irving down the stretch I think a lot of people forgot about how good Potts looked prior to getting hurt.

If he is back and ready to play it definitely softens the blow of losing Thomas to the Portal.

That doesn’t look like scurvy…
Or gout. Something's fishy here. The NCAA needs to crack down on this sort of thing.

Seriously though. I hope all is good as it looks like it is.

He was so good one analyst's key to the game was to feed him the ball even when he was out....

Last edited:

I know we shouldn't really be speculating and talking about this... but one thing I'm not sure has been discussed is a ruptured spleen. happened to me playing HS football. I was in the hospital for a week afterwards, no surgery (it used to be they would remove it, but now they let it heal). i played football the next year. all signs were similar, ambulance rushed to hospital, etc.. he had to stay in Ind. at hospital all week. blah blah

I know we shouldn't really be speculating and talking about this... but one thing I'm not sure has been discussed is a ruptured spleen. happened to me playing HS football. I was in the hospital for a week afterwards, no surgery (it used to be they would remove it, but now they let it heal). i played football the next year. all signs were similar, ambulance rushed to hospital, etc.. he had to stay in Ind. at hospital all week. blah blah
Heck, that explanation is more plausible than some of the 5000 other theories that have been floated as to what happened to Trey.

I'm just glad to see all signs pointing to him being back with the team in 2022.

15-0 here we come!

I don't know about spleens, but a couple seasons ago an NFL player had to be taken to the hospital for a lacerated liver.

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-corner-kevin-johnson-hospitalized-with-lacerated-liver

He apparently recovered well enough to sign with the Titans in the off-season before last season, but then retired. However that could've been from numerous other injuries he had sustained, pretty extensive list according to the link.

Goes without saying: I'm rooting for Potts to come back fully healthy from whatever it was and kick ass!

I brought that up. A cause for a swollen spleen could be mono. No matter the cause, if your spleen is swollen and you take a blow to the abdomen? Basically what you said.

I brought that up. A cause for a swollen spleen could be mono. No matter the cause, if your spleen is swollen and you take a blow to the abdomen? Basically what you said.
yes if you have mono that's a big risk. the swollen spleen makes it more prevalent. did he have or had mono? that wasn't my issue , I just took a huge hit. but your point is valid.

yes if you have mono that's a big risk. the swollen spleen makes it more prevalent. did he have or had mono? that wasn't my issue , I just took a huge hit. but your point is valid.
I don't know if it was his. It was mine many years ago. They held me out till it was back to normal. They told me that If I took a hit in the wrong spot (spleen), that I might not make it to the hospital in time.

You can sustain a traumatic splenic injury and recover completely allowing return to sports activity . Mono can cause splenic enlargement which increases the risk of splenic injury in contact sports but significant abdominal trauma can cause severe injury to a healthy spleen.

Except I think he had surgery (of some kind) when he returned to MN.

You can sustain a traumatic splenic injury and recover completely allowing return to sports activity . Mono can cause splenic enlargement which increases the risk of splenic injury in contact sports but significant abdominal trauma can cause severe injury to a healthy spleen.
Thanks! Like you stated, I was allowed (again many years ago) to return to sports activity once the condition went away. I was also told that it could happen anytime, just more likely when the spleen was enlarged.

Isn't the spleen somewhat protected by the stomach and rib cage, in the sense of an impact from the front?

I feel like his last play he took a hard shot and then left the game. Wild guessing maybe he took a helmet to the gut when he wasn't expecting it (so abs muscles not tensed up).

If anything, looking at anatomy pictures, it would seem like the pancreas is right there under the solar plexus.

I assume any of these organs could start internal bleeding that needs corrective surgery, if a hard enough hit is taken. Or even the aorta itself!

While this spleen talk makes a lot of sense and is a rationale response I just don't think it's quite sexy enough for the Trey Potts saga. I will always believe his injury was over something divisive and I will always hate the people who disagree me on that injury.

While this spleen talk makes a lot of sense and is a rationale response I just don't think it's quite sexy enough for the Trey Potts saga. I will always believe his injury was over something divisive and I will always hate the people who disagree me on that injury.
I can get behind this viewpoint.

Well I think you are wrong!!!

;)

Top Bottom