Trestman has interviewed?

Doesn't hurt anything to interview him. Doesn't mean he's a leading candidate.

Doesn't hurt anything to interview him. Doesn't mean he's a leading candidate.

No but it doesn't mean he's not. If our AD was competent, I'd say 'no big deal, he's appeasing the boosters and interviewing their pet candidate.' But this is Dithering Joel we're talking about. So I'd be afraid.

I think everybody knew he was going to get an interview. I'd rather it be this early when it seems like more of a formality then anything.

Just asked MV over at FBT and he said it was "full of crap"

The tweet was directed at him and he replied, so that a bit conflicting. Anyway it is what it is. I don't doubt they will interview him. But for him to be one of the first is alarming.

No but it doesn't mean he's not. If our AD was competent, I'd say 'no big deal, he's appeasing the boosters and interviewing their pet candidate.' But this is Dithering Joel we're talking about. So I'd be afraid.

Actually, one of the things Maturi is good at is handling the politics. Assuming this rumor were to be true, this has "Courtesy Interview" written all over it. Probably to get some idiot booster(s) and/or regents to STFU. Doesn't even have to be a face to face thing, could be done over the phone. I have a mental image of Maturi doing a Sudoku puzzle while talking to Trestman. Maybe one of those 2x2 ones. :p

Marcus tweet:

"Someone close to Marc Trestman told me he didn't believe the rumor that Trestman interviewed this weekend with the Gophers."

Go Gophers!!

Maybe Bellotti or Harbaugh want him to be the QB coach. :p

Marcus tweet:

"Someone close to Marc Trestman told me he didn't believe the rumor that Trestman interviewed this weekend with the Gophers."

Go Gophers!!

If this source is close to Trestman he probably wouldn't admit it if he was interviewed.

Hearing some of Dave Mona's comments this morning on WCCO I think the U is going to be extremely quiet about this search.

Lastly, Sid said something in his column about ''Visiting with Trestman,'' so maybe he is in town?

That is just a smoke screne from Tony in case the job is not offered to him. It is like a politiican who when asked a similar question states: 'I choose not to run'. Tony have every intention of taking the Minnesota job.

I can dream can't I.

Trestman flew out here a few days ago from what I remember...

I was talking to some Ohio State fans after the game and they claimed to have heard the Trestman was our next coach and seemed happy about it. I retorted with a claim that nothing is even close to being a done deal and that we are still considering guys like Leach. They became almost angry at my suggestion and parroted assertions of him having baggage. The conversation frankly made me move Leach back to the top of the list. BUT who knows? Trestman might be that guy.

Ohio State fans are literally pedophiles. Do not believe a word they say.

Trestman could be a good college coach. But we don't have strong reason to think he will be. We aren't in a position to take a big risk. Of all of the candidates that have been listed, his would do the least to build faith in the fan base. There are some who favor a former player as the coach because he would never want to leave, but we had that in Joe Salem. If a coach gives us a few good years, and leaves us in good shape, I don't care if he leaves.

Top Bottom