Tre Jones going pro

Forgot he is out of eligibility.
I had him in the out of eligibility list so guess that either means he could have had one more or just wanted to post something on social media about his future.

Hope it works out for him, not sure what kind of pro prospects he has but the NFL is weird and guys you wouldn't expect to make it do sometimes.

Only had 1 year left when he came over from Elon.

I had him in the out of eligibility list so guess that either means he could have had one more or just wanted to post something on social media about his future.

Hope it works out for him, not sure what kind of pro prospects he has but the NFL is weird and guys you wouldn't expect to make it do sometimes.
I am old and with all the new offensive sets and defensive schemes, there are so many opportunities for guys who one wouldn't think have a pro future to find just the right fit. Add to that, the larger practice squads and there a lot of guys at the next level that my untrained eye never saw as making it there.

He probably wanted to make a thank you post and publicly declare for the draft. The way he ends it certainly reads as if he could have kept playing in college, but we know that's not the case.

So not early, just declaring for the draft and out of eligiblity? Didn't we already assume he wasn't back?

Probably one of the most cut and dried cases that you can have in the Covid era of a guy that just plainly, clearly is out of eligibility and had no possible leg to stand on to get a waiver for more.

Played (almost) all of the Elon seasons in (fall) 2019, 21, 22. Either 10 of 11 games or all 11 games each year.
Also played their covid season in spring 21, but that didn’t count for eligibility purposes.
Used free transfer.
Played entire (fall) 23 season here.

He’s out.

To me, it didn’t necessarily read as if there was an option on the table to pursue more. I took it as just a “thank you everyone and this is my plan going forward” message.

Top Bottom