Tre Demps to Northwestern..

Clipped From Hoopmasters

According to a report this morning from our good friend Scott Powers of ESPNChicago, the Northwestern Wildcats have received a commitment from 6-2 180-pound point guard Tre Demps from San Antonio, TX Ronald Reagan High.

"I feel like I can replace him (Mike Thompson)," Tre Demps told ESPN-Chicago. "He's a great point guard. I've watched a lot of tape on him. Those are big shoes to fill, but I feel like I can fill them. I just felt like academically it (Northwestern) fit me perfectly as far as me wanting to go into journalism after basketball."

Demops had a strong performance at the King City Classic and caught the eye of a number of coaches with his ability to knock down the deep three or attack the rim off the dribble or deliver the rock to open man on the wing. He averaged 19 points and 4 assists as a junior, but we look for those numbers to go up this winter based on the confidence he has developed in his play this summer. He should compete for immediate playing time once he arrives in Evanston in the fall of 2011.

He chose Northwestern over interest from Stanford, Minnesota, and Harvard, but was starting to see more Big Ten and Big Twelve interest, and decided to make his decision for the 'Cats!

Top Bottom