TRAVIS BUSCH

row19gopher

FB Sec109 R5-BK Sec104 R20
Reaction score
Last nite was the type of game we could have used Travis Busch. He was scrappy and had a way of getting teams out of their flow. Frequently he would come up with a loose ball and/or big basket - just had a good knack/nose for the ball. He wasn't the most talented player we had, but definitely gave the most effort and didn't make many mental mistakes. He seemed to be able to rally the team also. I miss Travis and don't see that we have really replaced his type of hustle yet.

Last nite was the type of game we could have used Travis Busch. He was scrappy and had a way of getting teams out of their flow. Frequently he would come up with a loose ball and/or big basket - just had a good knack/nose for the ball. He wasn't the most talented player we had, but definitely gave the most effort and didn't make many mental mistakes. He seemed to be able to rally the team also. I miss Travis and don't see that we have really replaced his type of hustle yet.

This is just straight up nonsense. Busch would have been swallowed up last night. Portland is solid.

He injured himself last summer playing basketball. He would not have been playing last night.

This is just straight up nonsense. Busch would have been swallowed up last night. Portland is solid.

I disagree. Travis Busch wasn't the best player around, but he seldom got 'swallowed up.' He did have an ability to disrupt another team's offensive flow that was contagious. Who provides the energy that TB could? Damian Johnson is very disruptive, but TB got others to follow. The team played 'harder' when he was on the floor (at times). What I think Row19 is saying is that we are missing this element right now.

I disagree. Travis Busch wasn't the best player around, but he seldom got 'swallowed up.' He did have an ability to disrupt another team's offensive flow that was contagious. Who provides the energy that TB could? Damian Johnson is very disruptive, but TB got others to follow. The team played 'harder' when he was on the floor (at times). What I think Row19 is saying is that we are missing this element right now.

With a knee injury (like Busch has), he would surely have been "swallowed up" last night.

Great character guy. He is the type of player every coach loves, but from a realistic stand point Travis would have had a very tough timelast night. I know he has lost a lot of lateral quickness since tearing the ACL. Still, great guy and a hell of a competitor.

I don't think the team was in need of any dreadful rebounders last night.

We don't need TB. Love the guy, but come on. Portland is a rock solid team. We will see this come the polls, maybe not this week but certainly at the end of the year.

Yea its nice to have a character guy, but at some point you need B10 talent. Spoiler alert: TB does not have B10 talent.

Did he get swallowed up against Louisville last year, led Gophers in rebounding that game. Is Iowa in the BT, led Gophers in scoring that night. With one leg he would have played with more Heart than what I saw this weekend and best of all, Tubby wouldn't have to suspend him 4 being a meat head.

Top Bottom