Transfers

THE Chitown Gopher

Reaction score
Wanted to centralize the post-signing movement on the team.

So far we have three guys leaving the team: Hmielewski, Williams & Zo Craighton.

This frees up three schollys for incoming transfers, grad transfers or to PWOs (already on team). Who might get these schollys?

Who else might leave?

So far we have three guys leaving the team: Hmielewski, Williams & Zo Craighton.

This frees up three schollys for incoming transfers, grad transfers or to PWOs (already on team). Who might get these schollys?

Who else might leave?

Williams' transfer was known back in November.

Who else might leave?

Jalen Waters

Who else might leave?

Who is Williams?

How is everyone thinking that transfers don't count against the 25 scholarship limit? My understanding of the rule is that, only players that have two years in the program and are awarded a scholarship, are exempt. I'm not sure that applies to grad transfers but it does to undergrads.

How is everyone thinking that transfers don't count against the 25 scholarship limit? My understanding of the rule is that, only players that have two years in the program and are awarded a scholarship, are exempt. I'm not sure that applies to grad transfers but it does to undergrads.

There was some "already signed in the past" exception with VV, IIRC. I think we can sign over 25 with transfers, as long as we stay under 85 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul Chryst's nephew is grad transferring from Stanford. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. Family ties to coaching staffs at Michigan, Oregon State, and Wisconsin.

Transfers count only against the 85-limit, so they do not affect signing class numbers.

Viramontes was not a transfer. He was a JUCO signee and therefore counts for his signing class.

Transfers count only against the 85-limit, so they do not affect signing class numbers.

<b>Viramontes was not a transfer. He was a JUCO signee and therefore counts for his signing class.</b>

Is this right? I can swear I recall reading he didn't count towards 25 as he had signed with Cal out of HS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom