Transferring your tickets...

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Looks like to give away (or sell) tickets and not use Stub Hub, you can transfer them only to a person with an iPhone, as a text message carries the tickets to them via a link which they must answer in 48 hours. Granted most everyone has an iPhone, but not ALL people. Also, what happens after the 48 hour deadline if they miss it? You try again?

Do you mean smart phone and not Iphone? I would think an Android phone could get the text.

I thought someone posted something on here about the ticket office telling them about doing a screen shot too.

Do you mean smart phone and not Iphone? I would think an Android phone could get the text.

I thought someone posted something on here about the ticket office telling them about doing a screen shot too.
I meant smart phone.

When you go to transfer there is a spot for a phone number to be typed in. Right below it you can click a link that says “email instead” or something like that. So you can email them. They could then print them (i would think)

Did anyone transfer theirs? Did the person receiving them have any issues?

Transferred mine for this week's game to non tech friendly person

You can email them and avoid that—I believe
Hmmm, would've been good to know.

They eventually got it figured out, but it was a bit of PITA for a non tech person to download gopher ticket app, set up an account, and they don't use google pay or apple wallet so looking at ticket was next challenge

Hmmm, would've been good to know.

They eventually got it figured out, but it was a bit of PITA for a non tech person to download gopher ticket app, set up an account, and they don't use google pay or apple wallet so looking at ticket was next challenge
That’s fair. When you go to transfer you can type in an email address instead of a phone number. I believe they can just open on a computer and print—or open on a phone and either screenshot or just scan off that.

That’s fair. When you go to transfer you can type in an email address instead of a phone number. I believe they can just open on a computer and print—or open on a phone and either screenshot or just scan off that.
That would make sense but looking at gopher ticket FAQ of course it doesn't mention that, would be nice if they did

Ah well

I'm all for digital ticketing, I've used it for twins for few years now, but this isn't most user friendly system

I am tempted to try printing my code on paper Saturday and see if they take it.

I am tempted to try printing my code on paper Saturday and see if they take it.
They will if the code scans. Just be aware that printed QR code’s can be tricky

That would make sense but looking at gopher ticket FAQ of course it doesn't mention that, would be nice if they did

Ah well

I'm all for digital ticketing, I've used it for twins for few years now, but this isn't most user friendly system
This system sucks. When you go to transfer hit this link and you can send via email. I think this is a work around to a gopher ticket account.

Attachments

• 4D56B735-8F06-433D-983F-D6A99422DE32.jpeg
    4D56B735-8F06-433D-983F-D6A99422DE32.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 12

When you go to transfer there is a spot for a phone number to be typed in. Right below it you can click a link that says “email instead” or something like that. So you can email them. They could then print them (i would think)
When I click on "Transfer Tickets" in the Gopher Sports app, it says I don't have any transferable tickets. Or is there some other spot you go to transfer tickets?

I just got 2 tickets with the Gopher Pass for Saturday (I can't go and was going to give away) and also have some hockey tickets for October. None of them are showing up.

As others have said, the only hang up is they have to set up an account (and that can be avoided by emailing the tickets).

I got some complaining about having to set up an account when I sent tickets to my teen/20’s kids. But I actually felt good about that. Small payback for all the times I had to take them to the bathroom at restaurants to poop just as our food arrived, back when they were toddlers.

As others have said, the only hang up is they have to set up an account (and that can be avoided by emailing the tickets).

I got some complaining about having to set up an account when I sent tickets to my teen/20’s kids. But I actually felt good about that. Small payback for all the times I had to take them to the bathroom at restaurants to poop just as our food arrived, back when they were toddlers.
Yeah - I'm not even getting the option to transfer. I called the ticket office and I think we got it figured out, but I need to check back later to see if the issue is fixed.

When I click on "Transfer Tickets" in the Gopher Sports app, it says I don't have any transferable tickets. Or is there some other spot you go to transfer tickets?

I just got 2 tickets with the Gopher Pass for Saturday (I can't go and was going to give away) and also have some hockey tickets for October. None of them are showing up.
I usually have my season ticket subscriptions pop up and I click football, volleyball, soccer, etc and then the transferable games show up.

I am not particularly tech savvy and I was able to figure it out (I am in a group where one person buys a large number of tickets together for his family and some close friends, and then we individually pay him for them and he sends us the tickets). That said, it was a lot more clunky and took more steps than it does for Wolves tickets (which my non-tech savvy self was able to receive effortless a few years ago). Given that there are more user friendly options available, I don't know why ours is more difficult than it needs to be. It's not a crisis, but from a customer service perspective, I don't know why the Athletic Department would not choose to make it easier for customers to use their product rather than more difficult.

I usually have my season ticket subscriptions pop up and I click football, volleyball, soccer, etc and then the transferable games show up.
The games show up as me having tickets, but no option to transfer. Option is there to save to Google Pay, but no option to transfer. When I click the "Transfer Tickets" button in the app it says I have no transferable tickets.

Like I said, I think the ticket office is gonna get it figured out but currently that's what I'm seeing. Hopefully by tomorrow it works.

I am not particularly tech savvy and I was able to figure it out (I am in a group where one person buys a large number of tickets together for his family and some close friends, and then we individually pay him for them and he sends us the tickets). That said, it was a lot more clunky and took more steps than it does for Wolves tickets (which my non-tech savvy self was able to receive effortless a few years ago). Given that there are more user friendly options available, I don't know why ours is more difficult than it needs to be. It's not a crisis, but from a customer service perspective, I don't know why the Athletic Department would not choose to make it easier for customers to use their product rather than more difficult.
You are questioning the savy of our Athletic Dept to set up a new ticket distribution system? The same one that couldn't figure out how to sell beer and make a profit? LOL

I screen shot my tickets both games and showed the screen shots at entry with no issue. That means I could text that screen shot to anyone with a smart phone to transfer the ticket.

I screen shot my tickets both games and showed the screen shots at entry with no issue. That means I could text that screen shot to anyone with a smart phone to transfer the ticket.
I have done this for my parents because at times the tickets will load on their phones and at other times they won't. Just safer to go this route as opposed to deal with error messages. I know the ticket office doesn't want people to do this but until they put a system in place that works right every time it is going to happen.

My issue right now is the tickets show up in the app and website but I can't view the bar code even or have the option to transfer. So screenshotting isn't even an option at this point.

I didn't have any issues like this with the bar codes for the first 2 games.

My issue right now is the tickets show up in the app and website but I can't view the bar code even or have the option to transfer. So screenshotting isn't even an option at this point.

I didn't have any issues like this with the bar codes for the first 2 games.
Ran into a similar issue with my parents tickets. Currently sending them to my iPhone seems to work to where I can put them in my apple wallet and then get the screenshot of the QR code. But we ran up against the same issue you described in the first two weeks where you could see the ticket information but never actually get the ticket to load with a QB code visible.

The ticket office at the stadium will print a physical ticket in those cases but that is an extra pain that shouldn't be there if they are going to go the all digital route.

Ran into a similar issue with my parents tickets. Currently sending them to my iPhone seems to work to where I can put them in my apple wallet and then get the screenshot of the QR code. But we ran up against the same issue you described in the first two weeks where you could see the ticket information but never actually get the ticket to load with a QB code visible.

The ticket office at the stadium will print a physical ticket in those cases but that is an extra pain that shouldn't be there if they are going to go the all digital route.
Yeah...I've spent probably 45 minutes on the phone with the ticket office the last 2 days trying to figure it out. They have all been very polite and helpful, but currently the only way I can view tickets is by saving to my Google pay wallet. I also can't transfer tickets except by saving to Google pay and sending screenshots (no idea how realiable that is).

I've used the Twins app quite a bit and it's much smoother than this one.

Last edited:

They must have flipped a switch behind the scenes. Now I can transfer.
What a strange app though. Also just randomly logs me out.

Edit - football tickets were fixed. My hockey tickets are still messed up. So weird.

I've had more luck just using my phone web browser & logging on to my GopherSports account than trying to use the app. May be a little more of an effort, but it seems everything is available, whether I want to add the tickets to my iphone wallet or transfer them. So if anybody has any issues, may want to try just their browser.

I've had more luck just using my phone web browser & logging on to my GopherSports account than trying to use the app. May be a little more of an effort, but it seems everything is available, whether I want to add the tickets to my iphone wallet or transfer them. So if anybody has any issues, may want to try just their browser.

All of my issues that I outlined above were the same on web browser and app.

Just curious - where in the browser do you see the option to add to your wallet? What are you clicking on? It's not showing up for me anywhere.

All of my issues that I outlined above were the same on web browser and app.

Just curious - where in the browser do you see the option to add to your wallet? What are you clicking on? It's not showing up for me anywhere.
After I log on to my account, I'll scroll down past the Transfer Tickets/Sell on StubHub etc section, and then under My Tickets, I just press the game, and then the next screen they are right there witch each ticket having an Add to Apple Wallet button.

I guess I don't know how to describe any better as it's right there. Hopefully any issues are figured out if it's on the U's end.

Top Bottom