Transfer season tickets - question

Section209

Now hanging out in Section210
Reaction score
Question for any of you who have been in this situation…
Say I’ve got a block of season tickets. I’ve always split the block with my brother, but the tickets have been in my name. Will the U allow the seats my brother has been using to be transferred to his name so he actually owns them? Or would I have to give up those tickets and just hope they are still available when season tix opens to the public for him to buy?

I‘m sure this isn’t an unusual situation. Wondering if any of you have dealt with this or similar situation.

Thanks.

Say I’ve got a block of season tickets. I’ve always split the block with my brother, but the tickets have been in my name. Will the U allow the seats my brother has been using to be transferred to his name so he actually owns them? Or would I have to give up those tickets and just hope they are still available when season tix opens to the public for him to buy?

I‘m sure this isn’t an unusual situation. Wondering if any of you have dealt with this or similar situation.

Thanks.

Good question. I have a number of different season tickets and each entity handles them a little differently. But if I'm not mistaken, one major distinction is made for immediate family members. I would think a seamless transfer is in order but I can't say for sure.

I would email the ticket office

My guess, they'll try make it work to keep season ticket sales

Talk to the ticket office and work with them. I did something similar with my brother in-law about 5 years ago. Can't remember the details of it but the end result is two of my four tickets are in his name.

Thanks.
I know that they have policies that govern this type of transfer, but I don't know what they are. I'd contact the Director of Ticket Operations to discuss the request. Be prepared to tell them exactly what you want to do and why. Also, be aware that it will likely be easier to accommodate you if you aren't in a donation seating area and if you aren't trying to transfer a portion of your Gopher Loyalty Score in addition to the ticket ownership. I'd be interested in hearing how it turns out if you are willing to share. Good luck!

Top Bottom