Transfer QB Logan Connors joins team in February

Some info I pulled from various websites:

6'2" 217 lbs

- JUCO team went 7-1
- Hudl page
- Some of his teammates from Diablo Valley are going to Texas State, SE Louisiana, Duquesne, BYU, UNLV (x2), Utah, Cal, and Houston.

High school:
- 4 year letterwinner in football
- also lettered in basketball, baseball, and track
- passed for over 2,000 yards as a senior and over 4,000 yards throughout his career
- 3-time All-Conference

Thanks RoyalGopher - It is also interesting to note that we now have the 8 following QBs on the roster: Sophmores (3) = Philip Nelson, Dexter Foreman, and Logan Connors --- Red shirt freshmans (1) = Mitch Leidner --- Freshmans (4) = Mchael Conway, Donovahn Jones, Conor Rhoda, and Chris Streveler.

It appears that Jerry never again wants to be caught short with quarterbacks.

Thanks RoyalGopher - It is also interesting to note that we now have the 8 following QBs on the roster: Sophmores (3) = Philip Nelson, Dexter Foreman, and Logan Connors --- Red shirt freshmans (1) = Mitch Leidner --- Freshmans (4) = Mchael Conway, Donovahn Jones, Conor Rhoda, and Chris Streveler.

Haha! Very true! We won't be short on QB's for the foreseeable future!

They are the DVC Vikings, not the Bulldogs. Beautiful campus and a very nice little stadium facing Mt Diablo.

Is he a QB or punter? The HUDL clip is 15 seconds and only shows a punt.

He must be a QB since he weighs less than 260 lbs. I am not sure how serious your question was but he is listed as a QB also.

I'm not sure he'll get this much of a running start to chuck the ball in the Big Ten:

Go Gophers!!

It looks like Connors' javelin motion is more efficient than Lamar Latrell's famous throw:

Go Adams College!!

Are you sure he'll be a sophomore? I believe he'll be a sophomore this year and junior next year.

But a freshman for fb eligibility,right? unless the overall 6 year limit runs out.

He'll be a JR next season.

He graduated HS in 2011 and played two seasons at Diablo Valley College in San Ramon, California.

Are you sure he'll be a sophomore? I believe he'll be a sophomore this year and junior next year.

I took it right off his bio on the official roster at Gophersports.com. There he is listed as sophomore for the 2013 season. His bio isn't totally clear but it appears that he was a freshman this past fall and that he transferred this spring to the U still as a freshman.

Just a guess here but I wouldn't think Foreman, Jones and Rhoda for sure are being looked at as long term QB options. Don't know anything about the new guy but I like bringing in a guy with a little experience who can serve as a backup to Nelson. Ideally they can avoid the need to play any true freshman at the QB spot next season to give them a year to adjust to college and speed of the game.

He'll have to quit making that noticeable backwards movement just prior to the snap. Otherwise the DLine will be keying off him rather than the ball.

What is Logan Connors status as a player? Walk-on? PWO? Was he offered a scholarship?

Go Gophers!!

What is Logan Connors status as a player? Walk-on? PWO? Was he offered a scholarship?

Go Gophers!!

He was recruited for Track and Field, so I assume he is just a pure walk-on. Is there a limit on PWO's or spring practice roster?

He was recruited for Track and Field, so I assume he is just a pure walk-on. Is there a limit on PWO's or spring practice roster?

If he is on scholarship for track and field, he can't walk on to the football team. His scholarship (if he has one) has to count against football if he's on the roster for both sports.

If he is on scholarship for track and field, he can't walk on to the football team. His scholarship (if he has one) has to count against football if he's on the roster for both sports.

What if he was only granted a partial scholarship for track? Does that mean the U would have to reassess and convert it to a full-time scholarship for football?

What if he was only granted a partial scholarship for track? Does that mean the U would have to reassess and convert it to a full-time scholarship for football?

I'm not certain, but I would guess yes, given that the whole point is to avoid football powerhouses skirting the rules by stashing players on non-revenue teams.

I'm not certain, but I would guess yes, given that the whole point is to avoid football powerhouses skirting the rules by stashing players on non-revenue teams.

If he doesn't play in games I don't think it matters if he's on scholarship in another sport. No major advantage to having him if he's just a bench or practice squad player.

Top Bottom