Transfer QB for 2025

As long as we’re reasonably confident that the incoming freshman can play back up in a pinch, I would roll with the Arkansas gunslinger without taking a transfer.

My gut feeling is power schools will be interested in Drake if he goes into the portal. Though the sample size is small and against inferior competition, he clearly has the talent at this level.
Maybe, maybe not. It becomes a numbers game and also will hinge a ton on who else goes into the portal. In the end there are only so many jobs to go around and a player with more experience would likely be prioritized over someone like Drake who will most likely have very limited experience.

Best case scenario is that Drake is on the roster next year whether we bring in a transfer or not. Time will tell in terms of how it all plays out.

As long as we’re reasonably confident that the incoming freshman can play back up in a pinch, I would roll with the Arkansas gunslinger without taking a transfer.
There's also Wittke that can be the backup. I wouldn't mind taking another transfer but maybe more like a Wittke that provides depth but isn't going to be named the starter like Brosmer.

Wait and see at this point...Lindsey is one twisted ankle away from playing so maybe he gets his chance and proves his value...

If we get a transfer, I'd rather have a depth transfer next season to limit the floor, meaning another backup that could compete with Drake if he struggles. But count me in the camp that I want to see at least a full season of him here playing rather than a year of development and then leave for somewhere else.

If we get a transfer, I'd rather have a depth transfer next season to limit the floor, meaning another backup that could compete with Drake if he struggles. But count me in the camp that I want to see at least a full season of him here playing rather than a year of development and then leave for somewhere else.
I’d rather get a transfer that can raise the ceiling vs limiting the floor.

Fleck knows what Lindsey can do. He sees him in practice every day. If he needs another qb he’ll get one. If he thinks Lindsey is good he probably won’t.

Fleck knows what Lindsey can do. He sees him in practice every day. If he needs another qb he’ll get one. If he thinks Lindsey is good he probably won’t.
This.

Top Bottom