Transfer Portal Question

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
Do these guys just up and enter the transfer portal or do they tell the coaches ahead of time? Just was wondering if coaches get a chance to talk to a kid who they would like to stay or they just get surprised to hear about a kid leaving.

It doesn’t really say. I suppose a coach has to keep recruiting their own players the way things have gone.

I've heard they inform the NCAA compliance staff at the school rather than the coaches. I'd imagine most talk with the coaches anyway, but Fleck said in an interview they've found out kids are entering the portal from their social media a couple times.

Do these guys just up and enter the transfer portal or do they tell the coaches ahead of time? Just was wondering if coaches get a chance to talk to a kid who they would like to stay or they just get surprised to hear about a kid leaving.
Don't think there is a set process each player has to go through. Would think a player interested in potentially staying would talk to the coaches and give them a chance to change their mind whereas someone who wants out no matter what would probably just go through the compliance office and keep the coaches out of the loop as long as possible.

Top Bottom