Town Hall Growler in Ski-U-Mah Lot

Keokolo Gopher

kama'aina
Reaction score
After leaving the scrimmage last saturday I found two Town Hall Growlers and a Growler Cooler in the ravine near the Ski-U-Mah Lot. If anyone forgot them, I have them in my possession and will be at the lot September 12.

Not to hijack the thread, but the day Surly got to big to sell growlers was a sad day for all those who enjoy beer.

Keokolo, don't waste those precious growlers

fill'er up at the Towne Hall and celebrate your new found possession at your next tailgate. They would look great next to a 5 liter stein.
masala.jpg

After leaving the scrimmage last saturday I found two Town Hall Growlers and a Growler Cooler in the ravine near the Ski-U-Mah Lot. If anyone forgot them, I have them in my possession and will be at the lot September 12.

You are a classy man Keokolo. Hats off to thee. :)

probably steve frenchs... o wait nvm those are used for fun....not for holding slices of pie...

Keokolo -

If you show up with those growlers I will report you, as glass while tailgating is a clear violation of the U of M tailgating policy! ;)

The following items and activities ARE NOT ALLOWED in lots: Kegs, party balls, drinking game accessories and large quantity or common source containers of alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers of any kind, including bottles and cups

You mean I can get those refilled at the Brewery??!!

They won't refill our paint thinner cans at the hardware store in Madison.

They are actually a double violation! They are "large quantity or common source containers" AND "glass"! Oh,....wait til Steve gets wind of this.......

They are actually a double violation! They are "large quantity or common source containers" AND "glass"! Oh,....wait til Steve gets wind of this.......

Very funny. I'm hope you are enjoying using one fans concern for his tailgating environment as the butt of jokes. I think many of the rules that the University has set forth are really a matter of common sense. I think a group could very well share a glass jug of ale without causing problems. However, the drinking game policy that was established based on a great deal of evidence that suggests vomiting and public drunkenness are a direct result. I've been around groups playing these games, both at other campuses and at the Metrodome. We should leave games like these for college house parties. We don't need them in our tailgate lot.

Very funny. I'm hope you are enjoying using one fans concern for his tailgating environment as the butt of jokes. I think many of the rules that the University has set forth are really a matter of common sense. I think a group could very well share a glass jug of ale without causing problems. However, the drinking game policy that was established based on a great deal of evidence that suggests vomiting and public drunkenness are a direct result. I've been around groups playing these games, both at other campuses and at the Metrodome. We should leave games like these for college house parties. We don't need them in our tailgate lot.

When did a growler become a game? :confused:

When did a growler become a game? :confused:

If you comprehend what I wrote, it states that I don't have a problem with a glass jug of ale, shared by friends. I think that several of the rules set by the University can be bent. This would include the glass bottle and common container rules.

The more I think about it, the group I observed just looked silly. On other campuses, the fools playing the cup game and drinking copious amounts of beer were naive undergraduates. The sight of folks in their mid-30s and early 40s playing the same game just made them look like clowns.

Apparently you and I have 2 different definitions for the term "growler". I thought this was about someone taking a sh*t in the parking lot :D Or in a cooler for that matter in the ravine:D

If you comprehend what I wrote, it states that I don't have a problem with a glass jug of ale, shared by friends. I think that several of the rules set by the University can be bent. This would include the glass bottle and common container rules.

The more I think about it, the group I observed just looked silly. On other campuses, the fools playing the cup game and drinking copious amounts of beer were naive undergraduates. The sight of folks in their mid-30s and early 40s playing the same game just made them look like clowns.

Oh no, I understood what you wrote. But this thread isn't about drinking games. Maybe you got lost in your search for righteousness.

BTW, its good to know that you have the power to ignore tailgate rules that displease you, such as common containers. If you can appoint yourself arbiter of the tailgate laws for Ski-U-Mah then I can certainly do so for C89.

Fellow tailgaters in C89, rejoice! Steve has shown us the way! Kegstands and beer bongs are now rules that can be bent! Make merry and don't let his withering glare from across the mighty Mississippi bother you one bit. It is only the disapproving stare of a hypocrite. :D

I was in the Ski-U-Mah Lot by noon and stayed til nearly 6pm and I can tell you that Mr. French or whoever he is (I can think of 1 or 2 banned GH'ers) is a flat out liar. The lot was maybe 20 percent full and I walked around and chatted with many of the groups tailgating before and after the game and there was nobody playing flip cup and certainly no obnoxious behavior as he described. There were people playing bean bag toss and others playing catch with a football but no flip cup whatsoever.

Top Bottom