TOUCH RITUAL

HEAD

Reaction score
Early tonight I was a watching something on ESPN talkin about all the things other schools do before going on the field--NDame, Clemson etc. Do the Gophers have any such ritual?

I don't think they do, but I hate the forced touch ones. Indiana put a rock in their stadium a few years back and I think it's kinda a copy cat type thing.

If we do something like that it should have importance assciated with U of M football...maybe build a brick wall with old Memorial STadium bricks right outside the locker room and the team can touch that? Put Bruce Smiths Heisman in the middle of the locker room? Bronko's old jersey? Or maybe they should pour real Mississippi River water on themselves before they take the field? The power of the river will give them strength?

Early tonight I was a watching something on ESPN talkin about all the things other schools do before going on the field--NDame, Clemson etc. Do the Gophers have any such ritual?

There is a wall on the way from the locker room to the field entrance that says "Pound the Rock". The players slap it on the way by...

Or maybe they should pour real Mississippi River water on themselves before they take the field? The power of the river will give them strength?

They should definitely re-route a small section of the Mississippi through the stadium, then have the players walk over it before every game. It'd totally be worth it.

Top Bottom