tOSU signs 5, 5 stars

Laker

Reaction score
Alabama has 3, Georgia 4. Not exactly parity in the Big. Nebraska has 1. Rest of the Big-0. OSU’s avg is 92.99 - Disparity in talent is not necessarily a good thing - long term

Alabama has 3, Georgia 4. Not exactly parity in the Big. Nebraska has 1. Rest of the Big-0. OSU’s avg is 92.99 - Disparity in talent is not necessarily a good thing - long term
It's always existed.

At least now, we can attempt to add talent from the lower levels.

No one in the B1G except OSU can afford the 5* NIL demands. SEC is where the big jock-sniffer booster dollars reside.

Ryan Day will be fired next year when they lose to Michigan again. Team full of 5 and 4 stars and he can’t beat em

So what, show up the next time we play them try some funky stuff, smack them in the mouth a couple of times and play to win. This years’ game was a disgrace.

Not a coincidence that since NIL has gotten going Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State have their strongest grip on the conference in the 14-team era over the past couple seasons.

Rich have gotten richer.

Not a coincidence that since NIL has gotten going Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State have their strongest grip on the conference in the 14-team era over the past couple seasons.

Rich have gotten richer.
Any recruit from the NIL era was a freshman or sophomore this year. If your theory had any merit then Nebraska should have run away with the west.

Any recruit from the NIL era was a freshman or sophomore this year. If your theory had any merit then Nebraska should have run away with the west.
Hard to say that definitively as this would also include transfers and additionally NIL now allows some guys to stay in school longer (was a huge push of Michigan's this off season to get Corum, Zinter, etc to come back). though i agree with you, OSU and MIchigan have always been in the cream of the crop and it's only gotten worse over the last couple decades

Interesting, McCord left OSU for the portal after a 11-1 year. In an interview he gave 2 reasons. Not enough NIL money and no guarantee that would start next year. It will be interesting to see how he will do without Harrison, Egbuka. , and Stover. Not great reasons. I guess Syracuse bought themselves a QB1.

Big 7 - beggars 11
7? There’s a clear two in OSU and Michigan. Next tier is Oregon, PSU, and USC. No one else is close year to year. Washington probably the next closest right now, but no one other than those five has been good consistently or likely will be unless they get a coach who works wonders like Dantonio did at MSU. That wasn’t sustained though.

NIL money arguably has driven much of the junior/senior/grad transfer action by top level players … Bucky is an example.

Rich have gotten richer.
Franklin still coaching PSU, so that helps negate much of their advantage

They bleed just like anybody else does when punched in their friggin' mouth! My attitude would be I'll take those extra stars and shove them right up your 5-star fart hole!!!

RTB SUM!!!!

I know we won't remember this in 10 years, but I'd bet Washington won't be any better than Iowa/Wisc/MN over the next 10 years. I bet they are all very similar in their conference record. We'll just have to watch and see. And just like when Nebraska joined, I can't wait for the first USC game at Northwestern when their fans expect to win by 45.

I know we won't remember this in 10 years, but I'd bet Washington won't be any better than Iowa/Wisc/MN over the next 10 years. I bet they are all very similar in their conference record. We'll just have to watch and see. And just like when Nebraska joined, I can't wait for the first USC game at Northwestern when their fans expect to win by 45.
Washington as some sort of unbeatable juggernaut is really funny.

The notion that Minnesota can't compete with the likes of Washington doesn't make a ton of sense, historically.

1703269315649.png

From an accomplishment standpoint, Washington has been better the last ten years!
That's fair but I think if you poled the average fan and asked them which was the better of the two, I bet USC would get more votes. Both have been very good programs but I still think USC's name probably carries a little more weight.

It's always existed.

At least now, we can attempt to add talent from the lower levels.
I’d be more inclined to agree if we could find a way to stop them from stealing our talent while we steal from the lower levels.

I’d be more inclined to agree if we could find a way to stop them from stealing our talent while we steal from the lower levels.
The only two players I can think of that we lost to the big boys were Bucky and Trill.

We've taken the following people from lower levels or from the big boys:
Jack Gibbons
Ryan Stapp
Dylan Wright
Kyler Baugh
Chuck Filiaga
Quinn Caroll
Ben St. Juste
Jack Henderson
Tre'Von Jones
Max Brosmer

Now, we lost other players to Kansas and Rutgers, but these guys were not like poached from the big boys. So far, we've taken more production from lower levels and from guys being buried on depth charts with the big boys, then we have had taken from us.

I don't know how long it lasts, but it'd be hard for me to argue it hasn't been a net positive for us.

The only two players I can think of that we lost to the big boys were Bucky and Trill.

Jack Gibbons
Ryan Stapp
Dylan Wright
Kyler Baugh
Chuck Filiaga
Quinn Caroll
Ben St. Juste
Jack Henderson
Tre'Von Jones
Max Brosmer

Now, we lost other players to Kansas and Rutgers, but these guys were not like poached from the big boys. So far, we've taken more production from lower levels and from guys being buried on depth charts with the big boys, then we have had taken from us.

I don't know how long it lasts, but it'd be hard for me to argue it hasn't been a net positive for us.
Chris Williamson is another good get from the portal!

Jack Gibbons
Ryan Stapp
Dylan Wright
Kyler Baugh
Chuck Filiaga
Quinn Caroll
Ben St. Juste
Jack Henderson
Tre'Von Jones
Max Brosmer

I agree, we’ve brought in some good ones. I’m not sure the best comparison is the number of players though. Blue bloods are only going to be interested in our very best so there will never be as high a number lost to them - just ones that really sting. It’s also worth noting that some of the best players you listed came before NIL while the two that left were both after NIL.

Top Bottom