Top Ten Signs

Duluthguy

Reaction score
that the Gophers have finally turned the corner.

#10. You watch a highlight film of the Big Ten season, and the Gophers aren't always the other team on the field.

#9. The Gophers have a game on ESPN immediately following College Game Day, and the Game Day guys actually mention the game.

#8. The opposing team loses its starting quaterback, and that turns out to be a good thing.

#7. The Gophers, in a big game, have the ball and a 14 point lead with a little more than two minutes to play, and some fans begin to feel confident.

#6. Brewster uses the word "tremendous" and no one snickers.

#5. Playing the toughest opponents at home is actually considered a good thing.

#4. On Brewster's tv show, they have more than one play to show.

#3. We play a Division II team, and the Gopher's back-up quaterback gets in at the end of the game.

#2. Brewster gets a contract extension that doesn't make it easier to fire him.

#1. Pat Reusse is seen at the Victory Walk.

Awesome list.
#7. The Gophers, in a big game, have the ball and a 14 point lead with a little more than two minutes to play, and some fans begin to feel confident.

This one is to me the most significant.

Considering we had a 14 point lead in all of one game last year (vs. Purdue), that would be a welcomed sight, and I would actually feel pretty confident.

Made me smile Duluthguy!

Good list. I especially like the remark of the opposing qb going down and we get a newbie. All too often, I recall a Kafka or someone like that just picking us apart like a hungry diner eating a rib at the Market Barbecue.

It was pathetic

when---during the Brewster show---I could generally pick which play they would highlight---because there was only one highlight play. That was a good one.

Top Bottom