Top QB's next year. Who is the top 5 ?

play hard

Reaction score
Lots of Seniors graduating! Who is the cream of the crop ?

MSU and Northwestern are the two in the Legends that graduate. Dennard from Michigan and Gray will be the most dangerous returning QBs. Vandenberg from Iowa isn't very mobile and Martinez from Nebraska is more of a RB then QB. In the Leaders I think all the teams except Indiana have question marks. Braxton Miller will be especially dangerous as he develops his passing skills.

Do you think Gray is better than Martinez? I am not a Martinez fan by any means...Braxton Miller will be very good IMO...

I do think Gray should be a top half B10 QB next year.

What's Brandon Weeden's eligibility situation for the Badgers next year? Maybe Barkley wants to start a masters in dairy management?

Do you think Gray is better than Martinez? I am not a Martinez fan by any means...Braxton Miller will be very good IMO...

I do think Gray should be a top half B10 QB next year.
Martinez can't beat you throwing the ball if you stop the run. I think Gray can evidenced by his day against MSU. That said good luck stoping NU's run game. I based my answer on who's most dangerous.

I think Gray is a better football player than Martinez. I think if you put Martinez on the Gophers, we would be quite a bit worse. I think if you put Gray on Nebraska, they'd be a hair better.

IMO, Martinez looks better than he is because he is surrounded by a lot of talent.

Vandenberg might be the best passer returning next season. He will miss McNutt but he still has some good WRs around him.

Kain Colter's looked good.

Caleb Terbush had moments.

Robinson is the cream of the crop, I think followed by Vandenberg, Gray, Colter, Braxton Miller, Martinez, Terbush...

I obviously don't have an opinion on the guys who haven't played much.

Vandenberg has a monster year next season. Like the kid's game a lot - thinking he'll be playing on Sundays

Bob, I think you're right about Martinez and Gray. I think Gray WOULD put up video game numbers next year, but I'm still not sure who he'll be throwing to.

I don't know if it was intended as a zinger, but I think it was Woody Paige from ESPN said the other day that Robert Griffin (who I believe has graduated from Baylor) should go to Wisconsin next year. I can't remember the context of the discussion, but I did laugh when I read about it.

Braxton Miller is really going to be somebody. I'm not that much on Vandenberg, but I'll admit he has a good arm and solid mechanics. Gray, Robinson, and Martinez should also have good seasons.

Curious to see what happens at Northwestern. Colter has a ton of athletic ability, but he doesn't look to be the passer that Persa is. I'm sure Fitzgerald and his staff will come up with something. Wouldn't be surprised to see some type of two-headed monster with Colter and Siemian.

Martinez can't beat you throwing the ball if you stop the run. I think Gray can evidenced by his day against MSU. That said good luck stoping NU's run game. I based my answer on who's most dangerous.

obviously we can argue this all day because of all the intangibles that go into what makes a good qb, so i'm not going to get too worked up about your marqueis-colored glasses.

but i will say this. NU (northwestern university) held burkhead to 69 yards and held UNL to 122 yards total rushing and martinez still threw for 289 yards on 28 for 37 and 2 tds. is that better than gray's 295 on 19 for 32 and 3 tds (and 2 ints)? of course msu has a better defense that NU, but it does contradict the statement that martinez can't beat you if you stop the run. fact is, gray has thrown up more stinkers than martinez and quarterbacks are always measured on wins (as was pointed out over and over again when weber was here), so the talent level around martinez shouldn't have any bearing on which qb is better.

its amazing how some people are so willing to forget gray's poor performances. weber never had that kind of forgiveness.

Top Bottom