Top jokes, anecdotes and nuggets from the Gophers’ Coaches Caravan (Fleck on Year Zero: “Just make up your own stuff like I do!”)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

NOT A ZERO​

Football coach P.J. Fleck, entering his sixth season at Minnesota this fall, said basketball coach Ben Johnson and soccer coach Erin Chastain didn’t take full advantage of their debut seasons at the U.

“You screwed it up,” Fleck said. “… You can’t call Year 1 ‘Year 1.’ Year 1 is ‘Year 0!’ You’ve gone through Year 0, my friends. And guess what: Next year is No. 1. Don’t give (AD Mark Coyle) a head start on numbers when you don’t need him to.

“Just make up your own stuff like I do!”

Go Gophers!!

"Gophers are 11th in the Director’s Cup standing for overall Division I athletic success after the winter seasons, “which means we are in the top five percent,” Coyle said"

Pretty impressive.

I know this is the FB board, but I saw a quote from Ben Johnson that caught my eye.

basically said that, when he is talking to a recruit, if one of the kid's first questions is about NIL money, Johnson says that kid is not going to be a top recruiting target.
Surprisingly, the new Duke coach said the same thing in his recent press conference. His point was it can't be near the top of a potential recruit's priorities.

"Gophers are 11th in the Director’s Cup standing for overall Division I athletic success after the winter seasons, “which means we are in the top five percent,” Coyle said"

Pretty impressive.
Are there 222 colleges qualified for the Director’s Cup? I have no idea.

Top Bottom