Top 50 Strength & Conditioning Coaches In College Football (#29. Dan Nichol, Minnesota)

How in the heck would you even go about beginning to evaluate these guys against each other in any sort of meaningful way? This is off season filler fluff at its finest.

How in the heck would you even go about beginning to evaluate these guys against each other in any sort of meaningful way? This is off season filler fluff at its finest.
Yeah I'm ... wut?

Anxiously awaiting the "Top 50 Stadium Parking Lots" list.
I know you are kidding but at the rate these top 50 lists are coming out, it would not shock me if this was actually one of them.

Usually, the best S and C coaches show big pipes and tons of energy on the sideline.

So he's the 29th strongest and most conditioned person in the world. Or maybe it doesn't mean that.

There's not a single strength and/or conditioning exercise/drill/routine/program/test that isn't known, and hasn't been known for some number of years to everyone.

None of these guys has any secret thing that they do that no one else has figured out. And even if they did .... they'd immediately go on tour throughout the country, charging people to attend and learn about it.

They all do variations on the same stuff. It's hard work, that has to be put in, no matter what school you are and how many stars your players have.

And you have to balance that with making sure you don't injure players, as well. You can really be the best S&C coach in world .... but if you crush the players with crazy "Rocky 4 in the mountains" drills that cause a star to go out for the season with an injured knee/back/etc., you're fired.

Zero point zero chance that Sun Belt school Coastal Carolina has a S&C coach that is the "4th best in the country". LOL no

The difference in S & C coaches is 1) the individual play in the 4th quarter and 2) the severity of any injury. Sometimes due to a particular drill or exercise, an injury like a MCL is less severe and doesn’t require surgery. Thanks to your S &C coach.

Sometimes due to a particular drill or exercise, an injury like a MCL is less severe and doesn’t require surgery.
Uhhhhh .... BS.

If there were such a thing, everyone would do it.

No Mpls you got it wrong. Yes everyone does what they think is the best exercise to help mitigate the injury. But for some it’s just lip service. The real good ones earn the salary with their ideas and techniques. Proof is in the pudding.

No Mpls you got it wrong. Yes everyone does what they think is the best exercise to help mitigate the injury. But for some it’s just lip service. The real good ones earn the salary with their ideas and techniques. Proof is in the pudding.
This is correct. It's just been reported that Tom Brady played the entire 2020 season with an MCL...

This is correct. It's just been reported that Tom Brady played the entire 2020 season with an MCL...
I've lived my whole life with two MCLs.

In all seriousness, a lot of sprains are tears so hard to say how serious Brady's was compared to the sprains most athletes get from time to time.

Last edited:

Proof is in the pudding.
Please detail these proofs.

I'm certain every single S&C and coach in the country will be eager to learn about these exercises that prevent MCL tears.

I've lived my whole life with two MCLs.

In all seriousness, a lot of sprains are tears so hard to say how serious Brady's was compared to the sprains most athletes get from time to time.
A sprain or a muscle strain are tears in the tissue. That's all that can really happen to them, other than bruises I supposed. It's merely the degree of the tear and how critical that particular ligament/tendon/muscle is to continue performing your role/technique.

Ankles for example, I believe you have like three different tendons that stabilize your ankle. So if you roll it, and you've mildly/moderately torn one of those, you can keep playing, so long as the swelling/pain isn't too great.

Where's Eric Klein? I thought he was the all-time best.

Where's Eric Klein? I thought he was the all-time best.

Christian Brothers High School

Top Bottom