Top 5 IOL on PFF's 2023 Big Board (#3. John Michael Schmitz)

Boy I'd sure take that. Hopefully he gets something like this or even better.

Boy I'd sure take that. Hopefully he gets something like this or even better.
Everybody gets elevated by winning the Big Ten West. They have to earn better draft rankings. Nothing is handed to them.

In the context of the concern shown for our current recruiting class this is a very interesting ranking. Average high school ranking among those 5 players is 1405th in the country, even with the number 9 in the country being included skewing it. If there's one position group that seems to be very hard for the ratings services to accurately project it seems to be offensive line - especially since only 2 were listed as interior linemen coming out of high school.

In the context of the concern shown for our current recruiting class this is a very interesting ranking. Average high school ranking among those 5 players is 1405th in the country, even with the number 9 in the country being included skewing it. If there's one position group that seems to be very hard for the ratings services to accurately project it seems to be offensive line - especially since only 2 were listed as interior linemen coming out of high school.
I’m guessing most times in high school they play the best olineman at the blind side tackle spot.

Top Bottom