Top 4 factors in Gophers recruiting SH

nc2mn

Reaction score
First of all, let me say that the success or failure of landing one recruit does NOT determine the success or failure of a recruiting class, except maybe at places like “Rivals.com”. Recruiting classes can only be judged as a whole, and only after 2 or 3 years. Does the class improve the overall talent level of the team? While I hope the Minnesota lands Seantrel Henderson, Tim Brewster will not rise or fall based on whether or not Henderson becomes a Gopher.

That said, here is my opinion of top 4 factors of the Gophers' recruitment of Seantrel Henderson:

4. How does SH get along with Tubby Smith and the basketball team. (And why would he want to go to USC if basketball is a factor. The USC hoops program is a mess.)

3. How does the U of M football team fare in the 2009 season. Not necessarily how many games do they win, but do they stay competitive in most of their games. Winning 7 or 8 but getting blown out in the rest would not be good. I’m sure SH will want to see that the program appears to be going in the right direction.

2. How does the offense perform under the new Offensive Coordinator and with another year of experience for what is still a pretty young unit.

1. How does the offensive line perform under new OL coach Tim Davis. Davis comes with a sterling reputation, but if I were Seantrel, I’d want to see what happens in the trenches and whether Davis lives up to his rep.

I don’t mean to imply that I think Seantrel is the Gophers’ to lose, but I do believe that unless Tim Brewster and his coaches make a major gaffe and turn SH off, the Gophers will be in the hunt till the end because of the home town factor.

All of that said, I am going to try to sit back not get caught up in all of the hubbub that surrounds the recruiting of an 18-year old and the many silly, misleading and downright false stories that will swirl around this amazing prospect until signing day.

3. How does the U of M football team fare in the 2009 season. Not necessarily how many games do they win, but do they stay competitive in most of their games.

For me this is the key to landing Henderson and for landing other top players next year and beyond. If we can show players that we can stay with and even beat a California, Ohio State or Penn State it will prove Brewster can get the job done and we are headed in the right direction. With the tough schedule this year, it's a great opportunity to show off this program IF we can be competetive and even pull off a an upset or two against top competition.

3. How does the U of M football team fare in the 2009 season. Not necessarily how many games do they win, but do they stay competitive in most of their games.

For me this is the key to landing Henderson and for landing other top players next year and beyond. If we can show players that we can stay with and even beat a California, Ohio State or Penn State it will prove Brewster can get the job done and we are headed in the right direction. With the tough schedule this year, it's a great opportunity to show off this program IF we can be competetive and even pull off a an upset or two against top competition.

This assumes we haven't already told him to "get lost" like you suggested in a previous thread. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom