Top 15 wins of the Scott Frost era

Should be able to add Fordham to the list soon. 🎉🍾 Might be a bigger win than Bethune-Cookman.

WOW this is a great post! nice work!

Troy had been penciled in pregame a couple of years ago, but had to be scratched off....

01eOgrn.gif

Being Biased with some truth to it #12 Bethune Cookman should be replaced by Georgia Southern or at least place Georgia Southen at 15 if you place Bethune Cookman at #12
Love to see the 2019 GA Southern team play this year’s Nebraska team. You’d cover the spread and might hand Nebbie an “L”.

Love to see the 2019 GA Southern team play this year’s Nebraska team. You’d cover the spread and might hand Nebbie an “L”.

Thanks so much for the good vibes Gophergrandpa , but until I see it happen I'll be skeptical. IF our new OC can make the Gun Option work again and the defense improves a little we may have a chance!

Thanks Again
TALON

Being Biased with some truth to it #12 Bethune Cookman should be replaced by Georgia Southern or at least place Georgia Southen at 15 if you place Bethune Cookman at #12
Remember Talon, these are Scott Frost’s (Nebraska’s) top wins (not the Gophers’). Frost has only had 12 wins total in his tenure as HC of Nebraska. If Frost/Nebraska had ever played and beat GA Southern, I would say that win would be number 10 on the current list.

It is totally fun to make fun of Scott Frost, no doubt. But if we're gonna go there we gotta make sure not to be on the list twice...that would tie us with Illinois as the only teams to lose twice to him.

Remember Talon, these are Scott Frost’s (Nebraska’s) top wins (not the Gophers’). Frost has only had 12 wins total in his tenure as HC of Nebraska. If Frost/Nebraska had ever played and beat GA Southern, I would say that win would be number 10 on the current list.

SORRY I JUST GOT Exited ANG DIDN'T REALLY READ the HCs NAME!

MY BAD SO SORRY!

Now I understand the Bethune Cookman thing!

Last edited:

Sorry again grandpa, it was a bad mistake on my part. Maybe with some good vibes from you and the Gopher fans we can move up on the Nebraska poll! :)

It is totally fun to make fun of Scott Frost, no doubt. But if we're gonna go there we gotta make sure not to be on the list twice...that would tie us with Illinois as the only teams to lose twice to him.
Excellent point. No team in the B1G wants to be on that list twice; sorry Illinois. We've got a head start over many B1G teams, unfortunately. I will say this much: If after this year's opener, IL isn't on the list three times, it's going to be a lot of fun for Gopherholers to eavesdrop on the Husker Fan Forum.

Excellent point. No team in the B1G wants to be on that list twice; sorry Illinois. We've got a head start over many B1G teams, unfortunately. I will say this much: If after this year's opener, IL isn't on the list three times, it's going to be a lot of fun for Gopherholers to eavesdrop on the Husker Fan Forum.

To Gopher Grandpa - BEST OF LUCK TO THE GOPHERS THIS YEAR!

ON A POSITIVE NOTE, for GSU Gophergrandpa, GSU has hired a very good OC that ubderstand the Gun Option!

THE BAD
I have to admit the Gun Option under differnt OCs has played porly the last 6 years. The play calling has been poor, the exicution has been poor the front line has missed a lot of blocks and were of place along with other misswd blocks by tte backs.

THE POSSIBLE GOOD FOR GSU THIS SEASON!

The only positive for this year is that GSU was able to hire the OC that ran the GSU offense under HC Fritz and put up great stats and high scoring teams for the 2 years he was with Fritz at GSU. If he can put up 35-45 points a game, which is not likly in his first year, like he did the 2 years he was OC under HC Fritz GSU might have a chance at a good year and if the offense develops over the years 2 years after the first year we may regain our abilitys to hang with P5 teams and become a power again in the D1-G5

I can oly hope GSU can come up with a win over the Huskers. Before the last 6 years under 3 different Gun Option Head Coaches the only good game was against the P5 Gophers and over the last 6 years that GSU team wasnt to bad & yes I excepted a loss because we played a good P5 team Gophers but did play you close. Although I talked a LITTLE smack, VERY LITTIL SMACK, it was only because it was in the small hope that we would surprise the Gophers with the Gun Option with the hope that we could pull off a close win .

The 2 years that HC Fritz was at GSU we almost pulled off very close losses at GT, and North Carolina leading them untill the last 2-3 minuts og the game. WE lost both those game durrin the last 2-3 minusts fof those games with turnovers in our last drives of the game. WE made a huge comeback in the GT game when the Offense started to click, pulled ahead and then lost the game with a turn over and the same thing happend with Nort Carolina. The GSU Defense did an excelet jub against GT in the 2nd half and the whole gainst North Carolina.

PARTY ON GOPHERS

TALON

Last edited:

Scott Frost should have stated at UCF. He was doing great their and his offensive and defensive systems were doing great. If he were still at UCF and kept winning, UCF might have gotten an invite to the ACC. As all of you know a HC can do great at one university that buys into the his system, has very good assistant coaches and can recrute for that syste. Not so with Scott at Nebraska. With time I belive that Scott could have built a P5 team, With THe SEC is now a P5 SUPER CONFERNCE. I hear that some ADs/coaces want 4 Super Confernces with 16 teams so realinement should be going on for the next 2 years. UCF still may get an invite from the ACC.

Another example is Paul Johnson running his Flex Option & going to GT. He should have waited for a scgschool that would excepted the Triple Optin and could recruit top players that wanted to run that offense. One of Johnsons biggist at GTs was his defense. I cant count the number of times the defence lost games for Johnson.

Where does that leave the Gophers and your coference???

Scott Frost should have stated at UCF. He was doing great their and his offensive and defensive systems were doing great. If he were still at UCF and kept winning, UCF might have gotten an invite to the ACC. As all of you know a HC can do great at one university that buys into the his system, has very good assistant coaches and can recrute for that syste. Not so with Scott at Nebraska. With time I belive that Scott could have built a P5 team, With THe SEC is now a P5 SUPER CONFERNCE. I hear that some ADs/coaces want 4 Super Confernces with 16 teams so realinement should be going on for the next 2 years. UCF still may get an invite from the ACC.

Another example is Paul Johnson running his Flex Option & going to GT. He should have waited for a scgschool that would excepted the Triple Optin and could recruit top players that wanted to run that offense. One of Johnsons biggist at GTs was his defense. I cant count the number of times the defence lost games for Johnson.
Frost would be looking a lot better at UCF.

As for Paul Johnson's defense at GT, I think the issue is no defensive player worth his weight in salt wants to get cut blocked over and over at every practice.

PJ had no problm with cut blocking in practices at GSC in 1985-86 as OC, at Hawii where he was OC and lead the team to their first bowl game, at Navy as OC then at GSU as HC winning 86% of his games and then becomming HC at NAVY turring the program into a winner. If you play against his offense over and over again your DEfense learns how to protect themselves from the cut block.

To Gopher Grandpa - BEST OF LUCK TO THE GOPHERS THIS YEAR!

ON A POSITIVE NOTE, for GSU Gophergrandpa, GSU has hired a very good OC that ubderstand the Gun Option!

THE BAD
I have to admit the Gun Option under differnt OCs has played porly the last 6 years. The play calling has been poor, the exicution has been poor the front line has missed a lot of blocks and were of place along with other misswd blocks by tte backs.

THE POSSIBLE GOOD FOR GSU THIS SEASON!

The only positive for this year is that GSU was able to hire the OC that ran the GSU offense under HC Fritz and put up great stats and high scoring teams for the 2 years he was with Fritz at GSU. If he can put up 35-45 points a game, which is not likly in his first year, like he did the 2 years he was OC under HC Fritz GSU might have a chance at a good year and if the offense develops over the years 2 years after the first year we may regain our abilitys to hang with P5 teams and become a power again in the D1-G5

I can oly hope GSU can come up with a win over the Huskers. Before the last 6 years under 3 different Gun Option Head Coaches the only good game was against the P5 Gophers and over the last 6 years that GSU team wasnt to bad & yes I excepted a loss because we played a good P5 team Gophers but did play you close. Although I talked a LITTLE smack, VERY LITTIL SMACK, it was only because it was in the small hope that we would surprise the Gophers with the Gun Option with the hope that we could pull off a close win .

The 2 years that HC Fritz was at GSU we almost pulled off very close losses at GT, and North Carolina leading them untill the last 2-3 minuts og the game. WE lost both those game durrin the last 2-3 minusts fof those games with turnovers in our last drives of the game. WE made a huge comeback in the GT game when the Offense started to click, pulled ahead and then lost the game with a turn over and the same thing happend with Nort Carolina. The GSU Defense did an excelet jub against GT in the 2nd half and the whole gainst North Carolina.

PARTY ON GOPHERS

TALON
I'm guessing if there was a blinking font, you'd use it.

Talon likes the Gophers. That’s OK! 🙂
I like the Gophers and are my first pick in the P5!

I like Navy, Army and since my brither graduated at UCF. gives me a free ticket every year and comes to 1 GSU game I'll pull for UCF also,

Top Bottom