Too much hate for Myron

oleboy41

Reaction score
Funny how everyone bashes Fat Pat for his constant negativity and pot shots on the football program, yet they also love to bash Myron although he's almost always positive. Souhan is the only guy who covers the Gophers that doesn't constantly get ripped around here. At least Myron tries to do his job unlike Reusee.

If you read previous threads and comments I made, Myron is ok, just needs more training.... AND, if he would listen to us, he will become an expert.

Myron would be great at a St. Cloud or Rochester paper.

Pat would be great with duct tape over his mouth.

Dinky...LOL, but we can't cover PR's keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't care if a beat writer is positive or not. It's their job just to bring us the facts, not speculate on which players they think are going to transfer at the end of the year.

My main beef with Myron is that his articles sometimes are a little rough around the edges in terms of style and wording. I think he is doing his best to not look like a homer, which maybe makes him look a little negative at times.

WhatUp...Myron is a local reporter...IMO it is his job to find POSITIVES to write about, like the Honorable Sid Hartman does. Myron has to learn to be a homer.

Its not humanly possible to be as big a homer as Sid. I believe he is a journalist robot sent back in time in disguise as a 150 year old man to become the worlds biggest homer. Myron is a beat reporter, report the facts, give us some inside info, break down the match-ups...look at La Velle, do it like he does, he is the best.

Its not humanly possible to be as big a homer as Sid. I believe he is a journalist robot sent back in time in disguise as a 150 year old man to become the worlds biggest homer. Myron is a beat reporter, report the facts, give us some inside info, break down the match-ups...look at La Velle, do it like he does, he is the best.

La Velle is the best, every time you read his stuff, you learn something you didn't know.

Every time you read Myron, you learn how much more you know than Myron does.

This is exactly what I mean:

Myron is a beat reporter, report the facts

He is NOT doing that recently. He is reporting "rumors" that we had already heard.

AND....Sid still has more inside information than any of us know. Sid is STILL the MAN!!!!

Myron is young. Period. He is a work in progress. He says some negative things about the Gophers but it seems in the spirtit of being objective. Let's give that to him. He's trying not be appear to be a home boy. That's ok. I like him and see potential. It's when someone is a thousand years old like Reusse and they are still trying to appear to be objective by being negative that I have a real problem.

Myron, you've shown us objective now dammit son let's get with the program. LOL

Not a hater here, Myron is just not that good. The Star Tribune has such low standards now it is sad. I am not sure it is cause or effect but it is no wonder that paper is going the way of the Dinasaur.

Dr. Don,

You should probably be teaching JOURNALISM seminars. It seems like writers just don't understand the proper usage of MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION MARKS or the random STRING OF CAPITALIZED WORDS these days!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom