Tony Dungy Q&A: Talks about TCF Bank Stadium, Coach Kill, Gopher rivalries, etc.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there seems to be more stories on the Gophers in an Omaha paper than the Twin Cities papers?

It really burns me that in the opening paragraph he says the Gophers have struggled to fill their new 50,000 seat stadium.

I guess I can't argue whether it's fact or not--- BUT...

The gophers averaged 49,500 fans/game last year. It's not like the dome.

Since the author is from Nebraska, in terms he'd understand--- Minnesota did better than Iowa State, Kansas, and Colarado in terms of attendance. That's not terrible for a 3 win team that started as slow as we did.

I know I'm a homer and his statement shouldn't bug me... but it does.

Does it seem odd to anyone else that there seems to be more stories on the Gophers in an Omaha paper than the Twin Cities papers?

Nope. Husker football is all they have in Nebraska and they are entering the big ten this year so naturally there is going to be a wealth of big ten info in the media. The Twin Cities papers fail in this aspect. The Big Ten as a a whole is entering a new era with expansion and divisions, and with a possible NFL lockout continuing, they should be using this time to do likewise. Educate the fans on opposing teams, stadiums, and fanbases because if the vikes are out it's going to be a long fall for some.

Nope. Husker football is all they have in Nebraska and they are entering the big ten this year so naturally there is going to be a wealth of big ten info in the media. The Twin Cities papers fail in this aspect. The Big Ten as a a whole is entering a new era with expansion and divisions, and with a possible NFL lockout continuing, they should be using this time to do likewise. Educate the fans on opposing teams, stadiums, and fanbases because if the vikes are out it's going to be a long fall for some.

Exactly.

Top Bottom