Tonight's National Championship Game - Help Needed

Here is the Gopher connection needed for anyone to root for Alabama. I am, and have always been, a Gopher fan first. I always liked Bear Bryant a lot, so I liked Alabama second. My favorite player for Alabama was Major Ogilvie. I named my one of my dogs, Major. The rest of the family wouldn't let me name him Upchurch. My dog lived with me in Minnesota. I think that settles that.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Roll Tide!!:clap:

@ESPNStatsInfo
Alabama could be 1st conference team to win national title without winning its conference title since Minnesota in 1936. #BCSChampionship

Not accurate. Lsu 2007.

This game determines the BCS champion, and the Gophers are a member of the BCS. We should definitely care about this game. Especially since this game could cause more upheaval bringing about a change in the BCS system, which again the Gophers are a part of. Keep trying though!

By your logic: NDSU is part of college football, as are the Gophers (that's actually more legitimate than comparing MN and Bama, where the disparity between the two regarding talent and ability are astronomical). We should definitely care about NDSU winning the FCS title game. Especially because a good percentage of the NDSU players were from Minnesota, and it brings more legitimacy to Minnesota high school players and their ability to develop into players who compete in college football, especially on our Gophers team. Keep trying though!

Cwhatididthar?

Sorry.
I'm an idiot.

No worries.

BTW Sorry in advance. I'm gonna pull for Bama. One of my old coaches was a former Bama player, so I'll pull for Bama in his name. I do like LSU's defense though.

By your logic: NDSU is part of college football, as are the Gophers (that's actually more legitimate than comparing MN and Bama, where the disparity between the two regarding talent and ability are astronomical). We should definitely care about NDSU winning the FCS title game. Especially because a good percentage of the NDSU players were from Minnesota, and it brings more legitimacy to Minnesota high school players and their ability to develop into players who compete in college football, especially on our Gophers team. Keep trying though!

Cwhatididthar?
Except you're example is too general. By your logic we should also care who wins D3 and D2 because those would impact the Gophers as well, which is false. It does not matter if the Gophers are not close to being in the BCS Championship, they CAN'T play in the FCS Championship while they CAN play in the BCS Championship. If all we cared about was Minnesota HS players being able to develop into players that can compete in college football, we could just look at St. John's, St. Thomas, and UMD. Again, you're being too general. If we really wanted to see Minnesota high school players competing at a level comparable to the level Minnesota plays at, why don't we cheer for those at Wisconsin, Iowa, or else where? See what happens when you're too general?

LSU looks awful!! Just a terrible team !!

I can't believe LSU didn't try Lee at QB. All night, it's been painfully obvious Jefferson wasn't going to get it done.

Top Bottom