Tonight on Rosen's Sports Sunday - Interviews w/ Brewster & several Gopher starters

Reaction score
Tonight on Rosen's Sports Sunday - Interviews w/ Brewster & several Gopher starters

from inside TCF Stadium. it is on right now on Channel 4 if you want to catch the end of the segment.

rosen also had a funny clip from the final game at old memorial stadium (1981 - gophers vs. badgers) where the gophers fans were literally pelting the badger fans behind the wisconsin bench with snowball after snowball during the game. very funny to watch.

Thanks! Glad I could catch the end of it. Any Gopher pub is great.

yeah, thanks I got to see the very end. They had the whole stadium lit up, the scoreboard on, the whole works for Rosen's show. I took two friends by the stadium and into Goldy's today and they were, of course, extremely impressed. They are not really Gopher fans at all but just being at the stadium must have inspired them because they each bought some new Gopher stuff at Goldy's! Gotta love the new place!!

It was nice to see Rosen devote his whole program to the Gophers and to the stadium! Not one word about the Vikings!

It was nice to see Rosen devote his whole program to the Gophers and to the stadium! Not one word about the Vikings!

it is the least he can do as a U of M alum circa 1970 something or other.

as an avid and long time viewer of the WCCO sports segment, i plan to email him and let him know that many of us expect even more in-depth coverage of gopher football this season and beyond. they deserve it.

i have zero problem with news personalities being "rah rah" or "homers". there is no where near enough of that in this town.

Darcy

Any questions about Darcy and her loyalty and enthusiasm for the "U" should have been put to bed after watching her segment. I used to work with her at WCCO and there is no bigger fan. The quote-unquote, negative U stories are generated by the program director at the station. Darcy, as their designated U of M reporter will cover all of its stories, but it does not change her feelings about the U, nor does she really have a ton of clout to be able to say "no, we shouldn't cover that story."

Any questions about Darcy and her loyalty and enthusiasm for the "U" should have been put to bed after watching her segment. I used to work with her at WCCO and there is no bigger fan. The quote-unquote, negative U stories are generated by the program director at the station. Darcy, as their designated U of M reporter will cover all of its stories, but it does not change her feelings about the U, nor does she really have a ton of clout to be able to say "no, we shouldn't cover that story."

who is the program director she reports to? some d-bag wisconsin alum or something?! should have guessed it. bucking fadgers! ;)

I don't know who the program director is now - but if it is the same guy from when I was there the director had just started and his previous job was a station in Milwaukee. Maybe there is something to it!

I don't know who the program director is now - but if it is the same guy from when I was there the director had just started and his previous job was a station in Milwaukee. Maybe there is something to it!

are you referring to jason derusha? i think he came to minneapolis from wisconsin - as many news people in wisconsin do. as i understand it, minneapolis vs. wisconsin is considered quite a jump in both status and stature within the u.s. on-air news community.

it is the least he can do as a U of M alum circa 1970 something or other.

as an avid and long time viewer of the WCCO sports segment, i plan to email him and let him know that many of us expect even more in-depth coverage of gopher football this season and beyond. they deserve it.

i have zero problem with news personalities being "rah rah" or "homers". there is no where near enough of that in this town.

"its the least he can do" get off your high horse...he doesnt need to do anything. Your email will go along way, I'm sure, right into the fucking trash, next to where your opinions should go.

...gopher fans were literally pelting the badger fans behind the wisconsin bench with snowball after snowball during the game. very funny to watch.

Two of the biggest complaints I read on this board are about ill behaved Ioweee and Becky fans and the misconception about how cold it is in Mpls. :rolleyes:

"its the least he can do" get off your high horse...he doesnt need to do anything. Your email will go along way, I'm sure, right into the fucking trash, next to where your opinions should go.

Ha. Take a deep breath.

get off my high horse? righhht. you are so far off-base you f-ing little twit! piss off......

p.s. hey WHAT up guy you want to know WHAT your often lame opinions are good for on this board? wiping my arse after i drop a deuce. which is WHAT i am going to go and do right now..........just need to print out some of your recent posts first.........

:rolleyes:

Two of the biggest complaints I read on this board are about ill behaved Ioweee and Becky fans and the misconception about how cold it is in Mpls. :rolleyes:

1.) why do hogeye fans always try to lump themselves together with wisconsin fans? strange. trust me the becky fans don't want you either.

2.) the game was on november 20 something or other, so of course there was a chance of it being cold in minneapolis on such a date. i am sure it was cold and there was snow in ioweee city as well. most people on here don't dispute that it gets cold in big ten country once you get into the second half of november. it is the other weather b.s. about the rest of the big ten season which rivals spew to recruits that most on here dispute and rightfully so.

We all know that Iowa in November is like a trip to the Bahamas... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom