Tomorrow's inevitable GH meltdown

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I think most posters are in the, "we are probably going to lose tomorrow, but it's not a big deal considering where the program is currently at," camp. That being said, can we get a mod to patrol the site for new posters that come in and do nothing but incessantly b*tch about everything that is wrong with the players/execution after the game and for the next few days? It might not happen, but all I can remember the past few years is the site being unreadable for 2-4 days after a loss, and nothing was seemingly done about it. Newbies would have registered by now and gave their two cents prior to the season starting, as this is probably the most exciting time to be a Gopher fan, at 0-0, with an open season before us.

I'm not suggesting negative posts be closed or those users be banned. We have a handful of legitimate posters who are pretty tough on everything and have to start a Mason vs Brew thread weekly, but they sometimes provide thought provoking, however spiteful, opinions. Nevertheless, the memory of vadgers and pigeons registering and posting as upset Gopher fans kills the site's enjoyability. Can't wait for the Mason vs Brewster vs Kill threads :p

Can we get a "mod" to patrol for posters who have the attitude that we are "probably going to lose and that's ok"? Seriously, their is nothing more aggravating than people who complain about others complaining about a loss. The Gophers need more passionate fans who are not willing to accept losing, not fewer. I find it so frustrating that a Gopher fan cal call a loss "inevitable", on most boards, your post would be considered the type of thing that incites arguments.

I agree with you that fans of other teams posing as Gopher fans is annoying, but they usually are not the ones who are upset about a loss. Their the guys posting things like "Gophers suck" or the "Gophers shouldn't expect to be competitive/beat team X,Y, and Z".

Paraphrasing the movie title, "There Will Be Bitchin'"

It's usually best to not view GH until well after the game ends.

It's hard not to bitch with a coach talking Rose Bowl while losing to the Bison. This year we have an under-promising coach much more in synch with Minnesota's style. I don't expect a lot of complaining if we just see really good effort, which I fully expect. We all hope for an upset but we know this is a rebuilding effort.

Count me firmly in the "we're probably going to lose but it's ok" camp. New coach, new system, first game, against a national power on the road. I don't see anything wrong with cutting coach Kill and his team a little slack.

There are good and bad reasons to go nuclear. If we can't get lined up, can't tackle, and can't block....I'm fine with, say, going to Def-Con 2.

The score is not even close to being the only priority tomorrow.

You have my word that I won't have a meltdown ;) Afterall, I am just some crazy Saluki fan supportn' the Gophers!!

I think the game will go better than a lot of people expect. Wouldn't be surprised to see a lower scoring game than the odds makers are predicting. I am personally looking forward to the game and seeing how well the team and coaching staff have come together.

I have have some bad expectations too. I fear there will be some poor time management and a couple of delay of game penalties. Call it a hunch. There will also probably be some bad reads and missed assignments.

I am one of the few that think Minnesota will win this game. Why? Every weakness you read about on these threads will be a strength. The passing game will be okay. The secondary we (notice I said 'we') have is very very good and will keep the SC receivers in check. We will be able to run the ball pretty well; the offensive line will miss some assignments, but the improv will help. Our receivers are a lot better than people think as well. We'll have over 250 rushing yards...we'll bust a couple of long ones and will be able to move the chains on the ground if we need to. And come the 4th quarter our lines will own them.

Regardless of the outcome I want us to be the tougher team.

Look on the bright side. I don't expect to see any posts saying bench that effing Weber and play Gray.

I've been known to fall off the edge of a curb

So, can't promise I might not praise the team for their upcoming victory, but I am expecting a lose. So, what is to complain about?

Let's keep it to ONE GAMEDAY THREAD and use the Chat room instead of a goddamn thread after every play. I don't want to have to sift through them later on.

Let's keep it to ONE GAMEDAY THREAD and use the Chat room instead of a goddamn thread after every play. I don't want to have to sift through them later on.

Good comment, I agree. And I will be in the chat room for enjoyment and conversation. But the first "(fill in the blank with a name) sucks, bench him" or some other juvenile insult or name calling that I see will leave immediately.

You can also Jump into the FBT live Chat tomorrow with myself, MV, and many others. There will be lots of drinking to be had tomorrow.

Didn't even know there was a chat room here. Does it get much traffic during games?

usually yes LaX. click on "Chat" on top to get there.

If USC loses tomorrow, I'm coming here and staying with you guys, lol. We (Trojans) do meltdown in epic style as well, our boards will be unreadable.

I'll be back, win or lose. Gopher fans are a class act, and I hope I can stop by and chat with you guys during the season.

If USC loses tomorrow, I'm coming here and staying with you guys, lol. We (Trojans) do meltdown in epic style as well, our boards will be unreadable.

I'll be back, win or lose. Gopher fans are a class act, and I hope I can stop by and chat with you guys during the season.

Stop by any time, you've been a great ambassador for your team.

usually yes LaX. click on "Chat" on top to get there.

Ya, I see that damned double post happened to me too, like it did GopherLady the other day. Glad you caought it, 19.

Top Bottom