Tommy Olson

BballJones

Reaction score
Maxpreps rating of # 95 in the country. I must say I was surprised by the rating. Good news for the Gophers!!!

I'm surprised he wasn't higher actually.

I obviously don't know enough about him. I was just thinking he'd be similar to his bro. Well, whatever....it's good to see. We can always use help on the o-line.

MaxPreps is calling him one of the top 100 players in the country but Scout currently has him ranked as a 2 star. Which one is more accurate? Is scout downplaying his rating due to the fact that the team he is committed to isn't a top-tier team? I watched some of his film and he was putting guys on their back and then getting to the second level, driving guys 20 yards downfield, pulling and knocking guys down. He looks like a wrecking ball on his film. I'm no scout but I don't think that would be common place on a 2 stars film. So I would have to lean to the maxpreps rating.

He is the only Minnesotan on the Rivals 250 watch list so I think it's safe to say that scout has some issues with their ranking of Tommy Olson right now.

I could be completely wrong, but isnt it safe to assume that since Scout has him as a 2 star, that they just havent watched his film yet?

He is the only Minnesotan on the Rivals 250 watch list so I think it's safe to say that scout has some issues with their ranking of Tommy Olson right now.

He is also on ESPN's top 150 watch list and has been nominated to the Army All-American game.

I think that more times than not Rivals is better at rating football players and Scout is better at basketball.

I'm excited about Olson. The line is where it all starts, so its imperative to secure good recruits at the position.

MaxPreps is calling him one of the top 100 players in the country but Scout currently has him ranked as a 2 star. Which one is more accurate? I

Scout is by far the least accurate of all the recruiting services and it isn't even close. People should pay no attention whatsoever to Scout's rankings.

Didn't Scout have him as a three-star not long ago?

Maxpreps rating of # 95 in the country. I must say I was surprised by the rating. Good news for the Gophers!!!

Heard from a couple of Tommy's classmates...Tommy may be considered a 'soft' verbal as he has expressed a desire to check out other schools.

Heard from a couple of Tommy's classmates...Tommy may be considered a 'soft' verbal as he has expressed a desire to check out other schools.

Despite his commitment to Minnesota, Olson admits that other schools still contact him.

Alabama and Ohio State back," Olson said. "Pretty much, the whole Big 10. Notre Dame sends me a lot of stuff, like every day and their coaches are starting to call me. It doesn't matter, because I am still go to come here."

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/967371.html

The same was also said about Ed Olson, though. I do know that Tommy got 4 tickets to the season opener for Alabama in the mail and that certainly piqued his interest. He won't be going anywhere though.

Aren't Scout and Rivals the same thing?

The ranking is legit. Tommy is a better prospect than Gjere was at the same time. Gjere has the size and natural athleticism that can't be taught but he needs to add strength and continue working on technique. Tommy O is going to be able to contribute earlier than Gjere.

No knock on Gjere because I'm excited to have him and see what he can do. I'm just trying to be objective and put it in terms that people can compare since Gjere was a 4* top ~150 recruit.

Top Bottom