Tom Lemming: Nelson #2 behind GK

Might have something to do with Henderson having to go through back surgery.
Yeah it does, and being out of shape might have lead to his injury and his slipping on the depth chart even before he was out.
And being lazy might lead to a slow comeback.

Hopefully he can get his stuff together and live up to his potential. I've never argued he didnt have the most potential of anyone in Minnesota in that class. I have argued other factors will limit his production.

Yeah it does, and being out of shape might have lead to his injury and his slipping on the depth chart even before he was out.
And being lazy might lead to a slow comeback.

Hopefully he can get his stuff together and live up to his potential. I've never argued he didnt have the most potential of anyone in Minnesota in that class. I have argued other factors will limit his production.

He is one of the least lazy athletes that I've ever been around. He is probably the hardest working kid I can remember going to Cretin. I've never heard anyone describe him as lazy, except for you. I've heard when he was young, some people questioned his "killer instinct", but i've never heard lazy. No one is born with his raw physical tools. No one is born capable of not putting in work and being a REALLY good lineman as a true FR. He was in such terrible shape that he injured his back (a surgery that everyone thought would sideline him for the year), and he missed 3 games. He wasn't as good, but that's probably to be expected.

Seantrel Henderson has started more college football games than Jimmy Gjere and Lamonte Edwards COMBINED. He was FR All-American by just about every single known service that makes those determinations (I like Jimmy and Lamonte, but neither could even sniff that). Barring injury, he will be one of the better OL in the ACC next season and he will play in the NFL.

You can argue that he hasn't lived up to his billing, that's just opinion. But it takes an enormous stretch to argue that Gjere and Edwards have been as good as Seantrel.

People I know have told me he is lazy. He looked like a lazy player when I saw him play live (granted I have not seen him play much live and haven't watched a Miami game since 2003).

2nd to another cann't miss QB going to Notre Dame? How many top QB's has Notre Dame had in the past 12 years and the result? Nelson will have better results at Minnesota than GK at Notre Dame. You read it here. Nelson will play at the next level. GK will have a midling career at Notre Dame. I will predict GK will transfer. He could be the second comming of Jeff George

2nd to another cann't miss QB going to Notre Dame? How many top QB's has Notre Dame had in the past 12 years and the result? Nelson will have better results at Minnesota than GK at Notre Dame. You read it here. Nelson will play at the next level. GK will have a midling career at Notre Dame. I will predict GK will transfer. He could be the second comming of Jeff George

Notre Dame has had a string of very successful QBs over the past 12 years. The issue has not been the performance of QBs at Notre Dame, it's been their inability to do anything on the professional level. Carlyle Holiday, Brady Quinn, and Jimmy Clausen were all very good college QBs, and Notre Dame has certainly had much better QB performance than most schools. The reason Notre Dame hasn't lived up to its potential is a string of mediocre-to-terrible defenses.

And the next Jeff George? What does that even mean? Getting drafted #1 overall? How terrible! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

How many times did Notre Dame win the National Championship in the past 12 years? Oh, that's right none. They were owned by Michigan and Boston College. How many teams in college did George play for, and how many Pro teams. It must be a record. And a reord of futility.

How many times did Notre Dame win the National Championship in the past 12 years?

Like I said, that has virtually nothing to do with QB play. It has to do with average-to-poor defensive play. When they got average defensive play, they went to BCS and other high-level bowls. When they got poor-to-terrible defensive play, they sucked and won 3 games or so. It's not rocket science.

They were owned by Michigan and Boston College.

Record against Michigan the last 12 years: 4-6
Record against BC the last 12 years: 4-6

Being basically .500 (as most rivalries are) is not in any way being "owned".

How many teams in college did George play for, and how many Pro teams. It must be a record. And a reord of futility.

He played for 2 in college, and 5 in the NFL. Neither is notable, and neither is a reflection of his ability at QB.

(P.S. The question mark is to the right of the period key.)

dpodoll68 said:
Like I said, that has virtually nothing to do with QB play. It has to do with average-to-poor defensive play. When they got average defensive play, they went to BCS and other high-level bowls. When they got poor-to-terrible defensive play, they sucked and won 3 games or so. It's not rocket science.

Not trying to hijack, but why are losses the defense's fault at Notre Dame, but Adam Weber's fault at the U? This is a bit of carry over from the Weber/Tebow thread.

Not trying to hijack, but why are losses the defense's fault at Notre Dame, but Adam Weber's fault at the U? This is a bit of carry over from the Weber/Tebow thread.

Look at the stats. Notre Dame's losses were because of poor defensive play in spite of good-to-great QB play. Minnesota's losses were because of poor defensive play in addition to awful QB play.

dpodoll68 said:
Look at the stats. Notre Dame's losses were because of poor defensive play in spite of good-to-great QB play. Minnesota's losses were because of poor defensive play in addition to awful QB play.

Weber was statistically good-not great, especially considering how much the offense was lacking. I just think he was the least of our problems and if you swapped him with any other non-elite QB, you'd get about the same results.

How many times did Notre Dame win the National Championship in the past 12 years? Oh, that's right none. They were owned by Michigan and Boston College. How many teams in college did George play for, and how many Pro teams. It must be a record. And a reord of futility.

I know dpodoll68 has been all over this already, but this is just stupid. Notre Dame's QB play has been pretty good in the past 12 years. Quinn and Clausen especially were very good QB's in college.

If you're basing success on National Championships only, then 99.5% of QB's are failures in your eyes.

Play Like A Champion Today!

It is not about 8-4 or even 9-3 at Notre Dame. The standard is fading but it was positioning yourself to win The National Championship. Picking the best 25-30 athletes from around the nation should be a given. The problem is oooh this quarterback or that reciever will solve our problems. No it won't.

Its coaching. Still have not found a replacement for Lou Holtz. Bob Davie, Willingham, Weiss, and now Brian Kelly. Last year they beat themselves to lose to USF in the opener and beat themselves to end the season against Florida State. Same turnovers, same mistakes. That is coaching. No quarterback is going to turn that around. They are not athletic enough, big enough, nor nasty enough to win The National Title.

Nelson on the other hand has a better than equal chance provide 3 years of solid play to turn the Gophers around. If Nelson takes the Gophers to 9-3 it will be as much about the players around him. Dare I say better coached players, bigger and nastier than Notre Dame.

All of that is well and good, but not a single thing you said is an indictment of their QB play in any way whatsoever. Your initial point was that Notre Dame has had a string of poor QB play, which is patently false. Now you're moving on to their recent competitiveness as a team. It's obvious that their recent play is not up to their historical standards. However, for at least the third time now, that is in spite of almost-constant good-to-great play from their QBs.

The hype behind Clausen was comparable to GK. Take another look at what Clausen did. And who other than Lou Holtz knew who Tony Rice was. Stop with the talk about GK.

Top Bottom