Tom Izzo and Bo Ryan...separated at birth?

Two great coaches. Beyond their intensity and their systems - they have been able to recruit players that fit their programs. It's amazing, there have been so many years where you think that they have lost a lot to graduation and that they won't be as good. Yet at the end of the year they are sitting right there at the top or near it.

I hope someday soon our program mirrors either one. I don't think it would ever get old going to the NCAA tourney every season.

Sure, eventually Gopher fans would find something else to bi*ch about, as some (idiotic) MSU and Wisconsin fans have with Izzo & Bo, but I'll take the trade-off.

I hope someday soon our program mirrors either one. I don't think it would ever get old going to the NCAA tourney every season.

Sure, eventually Gopher fans would find something else to bi*ch about, as some (idiotic) MSU and Wisconsin fans have with Izzo & Bo, but I'll take the trade-off.

I do too! SS - for 4 year players that play at MSU, what is the stat again on how many years a player has gotten to go to a Final 4? I thought it was for 12 years or so every player that has stayed for 4 years has gone under Izzo. I would LOVE to have that as a recruiting tool.

Some figures lie and some liars figure, but that is one stat (with Izzo) that doesn't lie. If you go to Michigan State and stay 4 years, you're going to get to a Final Four. Hard to argue with that recruiting pitch. And for good measure, Izzo has a pretty strong record of graduating his players, so it's not like he's just chewing 'em up & spitting 'em out.

I thought that Bo Ryan and the WWF's Vince McMahon were separated at birth, not Bo and Izzo.

Izzo And Ryan

Also widely separated every March. Izzo makes long runs in postseason play. Ryan doesn't.

My favorite "separated at birth" comparison to Bo Ryan will always be the Grinch.

Even thinking about it makes me smile. :D

Top Bottom