Tom Dienhart: Neb will have more talent than MN "until the end of the earth"

How long ago would it have been crazy to say that Oregon would have more talent UCLA? That would have been crazy to say for most of my lifetime, but it's been true for a number of years now. How long ago would it have been crazy to say that Baylor would have more talent than Colorado? It was just a few years ago where Missouri was expected to be at a HUGE talent disadvantage going in to the SEC. Missouri was one of the worst teams in the Big 8/12 for 25 years and have won at least 10 games in 5 of the last 8 years. The easiest rebuke to Diehart would be how long ago would he have said that Nebraska will have more talent than Wisconsin until the end of the earth?

There are so many examples of teams rising up from being bad football programs to very good/elite programs with great talent. Minnesota is not there, but there's no reason to prevent it from happening.

Side note: If the Gophers beat Nebraska for the third consecutive year, does the program still have less talent? I think that's a tough case to argue.

Obviously not all luck, but that last play this year was fortunate (yes I know he was ineligible anyway) If they run that play 100 times we don't get that turnover on 99 of them. Great play, and BBC took advantage of the opportunity but it was fortunate for the Gophs. It's not a knock on a team to say there was some luck involved in a win, no need to be so hostile.

Blah, blah, blah, woulda, coulda, shoulda.......all I know is that I was at that game and it was one of the greatest Saturdays of my life!

The Administration at Nebraska is soooo locked into the 70's, 80's, and 90's that they have lost track of what made it work. Great Coaching. They sealed the deal on decline when they canned Frank Solich. Since then it has been smoke and mirrors. Dienhart is probably basing his evaluation of Nebraska's talent 20 years ago.

The Administration at Nebraska is soooo locked into the 70's, 80's, and 90's that they have lost track of what made it work. Great Coaching. They sealed the deal on decline when they canned Frank Solich. Since then it has been smoke and mirrors. Dienhart is probably basing his evaluation of Nebraska's talent 20 years ago.

So was Jim Delany

Top Bottom