Toledo’s Tyler Cochran commits to Minnesota.

For me, there just aren’t enough instances where not having depth in 6’5” wings is a very big deal. It’s about style of play and guys like Cochran, Rigsby, and Odukale will play wing with some great. Ideally, they’d all be 6’6”, but in reality, in the college game, it’s not a huge concern of mine. It’s why so many schools go with 3 guard lineups.
That's what I envision.

While there's experience it's not against b1g talent... These guys all need to improve their best inorder for us to replicate next season..

For me, there just aren’t enough instances where not having depth in 6’5” wings is a very big deal. It’s about style of play and guys like Cochran, Rigsby, and Odukale will play wing with some great. Ideally, they’d all be 6’6”, but in reality, in the college game, it’s not a huge concern of mine. It’s why so many schools go with 3 guard lineups.
Keep your post for review after the Illinois game.

While there's experience it's not against b1g talent... These guys all need to improve their best inorder for us to replicate next season..

Yea... it's hard to predict how well they will play in the B1G.

Yet Johnson did a good job last season with this same kind of "no proof" situation that produced. The people being optimistic may be right.

Cochran's Toledo team against Bowling Green. He scores 17 with 10 rebounds and 5 steals, 5 assists, but also 5 turnovers. Really active hands. Occasionally has to guard a 6'11' player. Dribble drive type player who takes contact. Strong guy. Seems very aware of what's going on. Takes some chances defensively. Hard to define him offensively.

Thanks for posting. He's a bull. He can post up the opponents' guards. Doesn't over dribble but is not shy of a crowd- causing a few TOs. I like him!

Keep your post for review after the Illinois game.
Yep, I follow college basketball. I realize there are some teams with larger / productive wings. I realize that there is a benefit to having a super athletic 6’7” wing who is skilled. My point is that both are rare, if that’s your biggest weakness, you’re a pretty good team.

Yep, I follow college basketball. I reaze there are some teams with larger / productive wings. I realize that there is a benefit to having a super athletic 6’7” wing who is skilled. My point is that both are rare, if that’s your biggest weakness, you’re a pretty good team.
I don't disagree, but ignoring that problem won't make it go away.
Maybe Betts is the solution, and I can hope until we find out.

Last edited:

Yea... it's hard to predict how well they will play in the B1G.

Yet Johnson did a good job last season with this same kind of "no proof" situation that produced. The people being optimistic may be right.
If we make the NCAA sign him to an extension.. and I will totally flip my stance and be on board for a couple more years. But it's ncaas or I'll give a nit title a pass because teams do get over looked. Anything less it's time for something new...

This actually makes me interested again too. I didn't think we'd sign a guy who averaged 14 points (plus great defense). I assumed Patterson was all we'd get (plus a rebounder like Mitchell)...and that we lost too much.

But maybe these type of seniors are more affordable for some reason.
We must have opened up the vault

Cochran, in the games I’ve watched, gets tasked with guarding players much taller than him. Think you are on the money with Cochran, Odukale and Rigsby handling the wing. Garcia and one of Mitchell, Fox or Edmonds as the 2 bigs. Patterson, Mitchell and Asuma handling the other 2 spots. No clue on Betts and Williams.

Cochran, in the games I’ve watched, gets tasked with guarding players much taller than him. Think you are on the money with Cochran, Odukale and Rigsby handling the wing. Garcia and one of Mitchell, Fox or Edmonds as the 2 bigs. Patterson, Mitchell and Asuma handling the other 2 spots. No clue on Betts and Williams.
I hope you guys are correct in our ability to defend big wings. My fears are based on hypotheticals only at this time and I hope those issues don't exist in reality.
I guess we won't know for sure until we play real games.

I hope you guys are correct in our ability to defend big wings. My fears are based on hypotheticals only at this time and I hope those issues don't exist in reality.
I guess we won't know for sure until we play real games.
Ha! Sane24, don't think either one of us said that. We were agreeing on how we 'think' Ben will play them.

Ha! Sane24, don't think either one of us said that. We were agreeing on how we 'think' Ben will play them.
My bad!
When you said "on the money" and "handling the wing", I interpreted that as successfully handling the wing.
You were saying successfully predicting how Ben will line up his players.
It all makes sense to me now.
UNRELATED NEWS!
Twolves pick up Joe Ingles to replace Kyle Anderson.
Slo-mo is replaced by No-mo!

Last edited:

Top Bottom