Todd McShay Draft Thoughts on Mo and Tanner

WriterGoph

Reaction score
From ESPN+:

"I'm focusing on the other team in that matchup -- Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan and running back Mohamed Ibrahim will have huge games. Morgan is doing everything he can this season to work his way into late-round consideration, completing 77.2% of his passes for 886 yards, seven TDs and an interception. And Ibrahim has rolled to 567 rushing yards and eight scores in four games. After coming into the year with a fifth-round grade because of injury concerns -- he ruptured his Achilles last season -- he's steadily rising.

I like the Gophers' balance on offense. Minnesota has been a bit overlooked this season considering how well it is playing, and these two are leading the charge on offense."

So Mo STARTED the year with a 5th round grade. Interesting.

Awful lot of people on this board that saw him as nothing more than an UDFA on another thread last week.

So Mo STARTED the year with a 5th round grade. Interesting.

Awful lot of people on this board that saw him as nothing more than an UDFA on another thread last week.

I would probably consider myself one of those people. It's not because I don't think Mo is a great running back — he is. But the position itself has been devalued in the current NFL, which is more like "basketball on grass". I think this holds especially true for bruising, hard-nosed RBs who lack breakaway speed.

I would love, love, love to be wrong about this. I consider myself one of Mo's biggest fans.

From ESPN+:

"I'm focusing on the other team in that matchup -- Minnesota quarterback Tanner Morgan and running back Mohamed Ibrahim will have huge games. Morgan is doing everything he can this season to work his way into late-round consideration, completing 77.2% of his passes for 886 yards, seven TDs and an interception. And Ibrahim has rolled to 567 rushing yards and eight scores in four games. After coming into the year with a fifth-round grade because of injury concerns -- he ruptured his Achilles last season -- he's steadily rising.

I like the Gophers' balance on offense. Minnesota has been a bit overlooked this season considering how well it is playing, and these two are leading the charge on offense."
Watch the video of the one interception. The ball hit the receiver between his arm and ribs.

Mcshay had Mitch as first round QB.
It was a Way Too Early Mock Draft....does anyone actually take these types of mock drafts seriously?

STOP! I respect Morgan and what he's done but if you saw some of his passes today... like the floater to the endzone that almost got picked off... My grandma could have zipped it in better. Or is barely 40 yard hail mary... yeah, let's just say Coach Morgan.

Morgan won't get drafted.

Mo might go in the late rounds. He is very talented but can't stay healthy.

Top Bottom