Todays TCF practice notes; anybody?

There were a lot of coaches there, both high school and college. The team seemed pretty revved up and into the drills. I think the coaches and players have really bonded. There doesn't seem to be anything punitive about how they run their practices. They worked hard, but it wasn't just to work them hard as everything seemed to have a logical purpose that was clearly explained to the players.

I believe I saw Pirsig standing on the sideline near Shortell

Shielder, are talking about the really skinny 6'9" looking kid? I saw him too but I always thought he (Pirsig) was thicker than that. I was thinking it was maybe that Ryan Dahl from Holy Family (also very tall). Are you sure it was Pirsig?

I love that Kill wants the offense to come out of the huddle with a snap - and to get up off the ground quickly. Creates a sense of purpose and seriousness.

Marcus was reading our minds Shielder, he just tweeted that the kid was Nick Carr, a 6'8" tackle from Totino Grace. Anyone seen him play?

Wow reading those strib articles really makes me feel good about the new staff - intense all the time, and always seem to be teaching the kids something new every play

Go Gophers!

Marcus was reading our minds Shielder, he just tweeted that the kid was Nick Carr, a 6'8" tackle from Totino Grace. Anyone seen him play?

I have seen him play basketball. He sure seemed to have the frame to add a lot of weight. His footwork was decent. I was told he was a very good high school football player also, but I did not realize he was on the Gophers' radar.

Kill's pace of play during limited time spring practice is impressive, according to the reports. He's certainly instilling his own much needed attitude on the squad. Perhaps more importantly, he probably gets 50 or 60% more snaps in the same time frame when compared to previous spring sessions. Critical when installing a new system on both sides of the line.

I love that Kill wants the offense to come out of the huddle with a snap - and to get up off the ground quickly. Creates a sense of purpose and seriousness.

I think hustling out of the huddle serves a couple tangible purposes on top of "attitude"...1) It gives the QB more time to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage & with a new QB he'll likely need every second of it & 2) If we hustle up to the LOS every time, we'll catch the other team with the wrong personnel on the field a couple times per game .

Thanks for the correction sonny. If Pirsig is bigger than that kid, Pirsig must be a monster.

Thanks for the correction sonny. If Pirsig is bigger than that kid, Pirsig must be a monster.

When I was at the Prep Bowl this fall I believe the Totino Grace kid was listed something like 6'8 280#

Top Bottom