Today at The Grocery Store

husker70

Reaction score
A lady walked in wearing a gold Minnesota Hoodie, and I just beamed. At first she looked puzzle, then asked do I know you? I said, yes. You are a Gopher Fan! She was thrilled I noticed. We talked for 3 or 4 minutes about the team, the game, Floyd and some of the players. It ended with a I hope they win. I never got her name, she never asked me mine. But that was the highlight of my day.

Did you get some Clorox wipes and a STD test kit for when we get Floyd back?

A lady walked in wearing a gold Minnesota Hoodie, and I just beamed. At first she looked puzzle, then asked do I know you? I said, yes. You are a Gopher Fan! She was thrilled I noticed. We talked for 3 or 4 minutes about the team, the game, Floyd and some of the players. It ended with a I hope they win. I never got her name, she never asked me mine. But that was the highlight of my day.

You finally met Lois Feldman?

Better than my last Gopher experience at the grocery store. The checkout guy saw my Gopher sweatshirt and asked if there was a game that day. I said yes, and he asked if they would win. I said yes again, to which he responded:

"Well, as long as their coach doesn't have another heart attack on the field".

Bonus: this was before the NMSU game

I was eating lunch in the teachers lounge yesterday. I sub sits down next to an aid and starts talking Gopher football with her. The two ladies were talking up the Gophers big time and then the sub mentions she is the neighbor to Mitch L. I took it as a good omen for Saturday.

Better than my last Gopher experience at the grocery store. The checkout guy saw my Gopher sweatshirt and asked if there was a game that day. I said yes, and he asked if they would win. I said yes again, to which he responded:

You should give him credit. Maybe he though "Gophers" was Michigan State and he meant Dantonio. Being such a big fan and all.

similar to this. i was just at a rather large event in Duluth and definitely have noticed a trend in attire. Far more gopher apparel present now than Vikings where it used to be the opposite. let's hope this means people are getting squarely behind this team.

I'll know we've arrived when I see " Catch all the Gopher games !" on the sign boards outside the bars/sports bars. All I see is " Vikings "

It's not just the Gophers it's the whole NFL Machine.

It didn't go something like this?

50 Shades of Gopher Fandom

I was eating lunch in the teachers lounge yesterday. I sub sits down next to an aid and starts talking Gopher football with her. The two ladies were talking up the Gophers big time and then the sub mentions she is the neighbor to Mitch L. I took it as a good omen for Saturday.
Mitch Lee?

Just a hunch but it sounds like you ran into Lennay Kekua. ;-)

You should have asked him if he had any kids. If he said no, say,

"You seem like an okay guy as long as you never, ever procreate."

Top Bottom