To all the halftime haters...go fly a kite!

I don't think they're quite as good as Indiana was last year, and I think we played a worse game today than we did against Indiana last year. I think Last year's IU team would have beaten this year's PU team.

But we played well enough to win and that's all that matters right now.

It's really hard to make comparisons. I think Purdue has the QB to use the big-time speed and playmaking ability of Hunt and Mostart and, like Northwestern, I thought they "counter-punched" as well by having our man defense run itself out of a few plays (and when that happens, speed on offense can be a real dagger as we saw with Anthrop's long TD on a swing pass and Mostart's long runs). I really credit Claeys with making the adjustments and thinking more zone coverage and read-and-react from the LBs in the 2nd half.

Good for you GopherInPhilly. You are the only true fan in MN. What was the spread for todays game? How much did we win by? Yes its nice they won, but you show up like this to play a legitimate team they will get killed.

Why are you so angry? I did not put myself out their as the only true fan...not even close. I was following the game day thread and as soon as the Gophers went down by 11 about 5 haters (as they often do) showed up to spout all their hate. I stayed true in the thread and felt that calling them out post game was a reasonable thing to do.

Unless you are one the haters, this wasn't about you and had nothing to do with you. If you are one of those haters, then go fly a kite.

As for all your other points...they may be valid but have nothing to do with what I was posting about so please go somewhere else and argue with yourself...or take your pills so that voice in your head calms down.

If the Gophers lose by a point.........OP hides underneath a train.

Gratuitous self-congratulatory-post of the year so far! Luckily for all of us, there is one true Gopher fan alive.

I hope you have enough hands for all the pat yourself on the backs that you deserve for being the very best.

P.S.
A very happy board, was this necessary?

I don't blame GIP for calling out several folks at all. I enjoyed the game from my couch so didn't go through the game thread until post-game. Must say I was very disheartened to read some of the vile crud that many were spewing throughout the game. I couldn't really differentiate the statements between the obvious trolls (Sid Hartman, etc) and some folks who consistently try to claim they're consistent big-time Gopher backers. Sure wouldn't want many of them in the foxhole with me.

Top Bottom