Tired...

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
Tired of Royce White. I like his public personality but D-1 basketball players should be smarter than getting in trouble like this. If he was a Badger, the board would be unamous in kicking him out. Reinstate him now or kick him off the team if you think he will be further trouble.

Tired of Mbakwe situation. I hope he is innocent.

Tired of academic issues. Are any other Big Ten teams losing key players? None that I know of.

Tired of watching a dysfunctional half court offence. Other teams look like they know what they are doing and get good shots off- we struggle and then hoist up at the end of the shot clock.

This is not what I imagined Tubby's third season to be like.

Please beat MSU.

Have to admit, the Royce White stuff is wearing me down as well. It seems like the 2009-10 season has become more about Royce White than the Minnesota Gophers. Just doesn't seem right. Royce has certainly contributed to that with his inability to show little if any humility. He's done an excellent job of making himself look like a victim, I'll give him that. If he ever hits the court for the Gophers, he better be ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS. And he better keep his nose clean from this point forward.

I have a feeling if the Gophers lose tomorrow, the season's going to go down in flames shortly thereafter. Eventually dealing with this kind of crap has to wear on the coaches, players and everyone involved with the team. I never thought I'd say this before the season, I thought I had reasonable expectations (Sweet 16 a possibility), but I'll be thrilled if the Gophers simply are on the bubble come Selection Sunday. Sadly, that's what it's come down to this season, hoping we're "good enough" to be a bubble team. But at least we have Royce White's legal issues nearly resolved. ... woohoo!

Hey, what's the latest on Royce (tongue in cheek)?

Yeah, I’m right there with you. Thus far this has not been the season we hoped it would be. The way I look at it is that at the end of the day, these are not professional athletes or mature adults. They’re basically kids. That’s not to say that we should excuse poor behavior or law-breaking when they most certainly should know better. But in my opinion, being a fan of a team of 18-22 year olds means accepting the fact that sometimes they’re going to get into trouble, and sometimes they’re not going to execute the offense, or make free throws, or maintain their composure at the end of close games. Though I think there have been some bright spots this year, like many people I don’t like a lot of what I’ve seen on and off the court. But I’ve remained a fan of Minnesota basketball despite living out of state for the last 15 years and I’m not changing teams now!

All I hope for as a fan is that the guys that can learn from their mistakes do so, and the guys that can’t are shown the door. And I hope that at some point - maybe sooner rather than later - the light bulb will go on and the offense will click and they’ll steal a game or two, make the Dance, and be primed for bigger and better things next year. And that will be really fun to watch.

Hmm. one mistake. Unamous should be unanimous. You guys are a hard audience.

From your most recent blog post:

"As we wait for the the story to evolve and come together"

Not tired of Royce

I am not tired of Royce. I have yet to see him play. I am tired of the number of RW threads all thrashing the same story bits - over and over and over again.

I hope he continues to practice with the team, go to class, get good grades, and redshirts this year.

Just MHO.

I'm tired of people starting threads to tell us how tired they are of hearing about Royce White and his "problems".

It is so very easy to avoid reading the Royce White stuff. Most of it is clearly identified in the header.

I enjoy the Royce White threads. I get excited thinking about him playing for the Gophers. I don't think he should be expelled or cut free of the Gopher basketball team because, as some have suggested, he is not a good representative for Minnesota. I think he will represent Minnesota very well. I have complete faith in Tubby and am confident he will straighten Royce White out.

I spell-checked in Word. Only mistake was the clearly butchered unamous. Offence is the Canadian/ British spelling but even American Word sees it as ok.

Anyways, didn't go there with this intent but enjoyed the blog post on Nolen.

I spell-checked in Word. Only mistake was the clearly butchered unamous. Offence is the Canadian/ British spelling but even American Word sees it as ok.

Anyways, didn't go there with this intent but enjoyed the blog post on Nolen.

Anyways is not a word.

The Gophers may wind up a-OK. Important game manana.

Top Bottom