Tinsley

Gophers09

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I thought he looked great today - wasn't the only one who looked good but I thought he played great.

Yup. played hard and made a big impact. He will definitely anchor our D this year.

I saw 2-3 big time tackles for loss from Tinsley. The run defense was superb. Pass defense wasn't great, but I thought the secondary's tackling was very improved from last year.

"big time tackles" it was, by everyone. It's tackleation football and for the first time in a long while it looked like we knew how to wrap up and tackle. Against a real talented group of athletes like USC had, this was a very big thing.

Missed the game (is there anywhere I can see a replay), but it doesn't surprise me that Tinsley played well. He's a very good player.

Missed the game (is there anywhere I can see a replay), but it doesn't surprise me that Tinsley played well. He's a very good player.

You can watch it on espn360.com under replays. Just scroll down to Saturdays games.

I think one of the most underrated plays GT made in that game was on a deep seam pass down to the tight end and he was able to get his head around and rip the ball out of the tight end's hands, really displayed his range and athleticism on that play.

Hageman made a great play tackling a running back while being blocked in the 2nd half. It was followed by a big play by SC so it got lost in the shuffle.

I didn't realize Grant played. Did he have any tackles?

Hageman made a great play tackling a running back while being blocked in the 2nd half. It was followed by a big play by SC so it got lost in the shuffle.

I didn't realize Grant played. Did he have any tackles?

I was keying on Hageman for those two plays. On the first play, he split the blockers and made a great tackle. On the second play he stunted right and the play went left leaving 2 blockers on the end, which helped to allow the long gain. It was probably a called play, but the wrong one.

Top Bottom