Tinsley Pick

Khaliq

All I can say is that your take is simply bullsh*t. He most certainly was trying to show off. He was going to try and dive over the QB like some kind of skill player. Idiot.

Anytime you get a chance to inflict punishment on the opposing team's QB, you do so. ESPECIALLY if you are a freaking linebacker. I'm not a linebacker, but if that's me and I see a QB running at me, I lower my shoulder and truck that S.O.B. and take him for a ride clean into the endzone.

The attempted dive was just hotdogging bullcrap. Tinsley totally screwed the entire team with that play and it wasn't a fluke. It was an idiotic decision by a hot dog linebacker.

Wrong

Tinsley wasn't trying to show off in any way, shape or form. He was trying to put both hands on the ball in an attempt to stretch out for the endzone and score a touchdown. It may have been a dumb play but there was no hot dogging involved.

From Sid today:

A huge play was Gary Tinsley's interception that became a touchback for Purdue. Tinsley was running for a touchdown and wound up fumbling out of bounds on the 2, with the officials making a questionable call on the play. Purdue was awarded the ball and proceeded to march to an 80-yard touchdown drive on 13 plays.

Huh.......................can someone tell me how that was a questionable call.

Edit: "Have you ever looked in the mirror and said How Goofy am I?

Oh no a new Sid column? I'm afraid to look.

Nice retort.

Any of you who think he did the right thing by trying to stretch out and dive for the endzone are functionally retarded when it comes to football sense. The only time that is acceptable is when the player carrying the ball is smaller and athletically superior to the tackler. When you are a linebacker going up against a QB you lower your shoulder. Why? Because unless you are some physical freak (which Tinsley obviously isn't) you don't have the athleticism to pull that move off. Additionally, as I said earlier you take a shot at the QB when you get one. You don't shy away from contact.

I'll go as far to admit that he may have not been hot dogging, and just made an incredibly stupid move. But either way, he screwed up big time.

You people who think my take is incorrect could probably tell me a lot about hockey, but damn sure not football.

Nice retort.

Any of you who think he did the right thing by trying to stretch out and dive for the endzone are functionally retarded when it comes to football sense. The only time that is acceptable is when the player carrying the ball is smaller and athletically superior to the tackler. When you are a linebacker going up against a QB you lower your shoulder. Why? Because unless you are some physical freak (which Tinsley obviously isn't) you don't have the athleticism to pull that move off. Additionally, as I said earlier you take a shot at the QB when you get one. You don't shy away from contact.

I'll go as far to admit that he may have not been hot dogging, and just made an incredibly stupid move. But either way, he screwed up big time.

You people who think my take is incorrect could probably tell me a lot about hockey, but damn sure not football.

That's a start, you're on the right track.

BTW I don't know *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about hockey but I'm happy to hear that you are THE AUTHORITY on football.

That's a start, you're on the right track.

BTW I don't know *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# about hockey but I'm happy to hear that you are THE AUTHORITY on football.

Well excuse the hell out of me. Maybe if you responded with more than one word, I'd know that you were just saying he wasn't trying to hot dog. And it's not a start to me being on the right track. It's the only bit of what I've posted on this thread that was reactionary and possibly incorrect. I don't know what the hell Tinsley was thinking.

But yeah, when it comes to Ewert86PC who has taken the female route of silence and not being able to admit he was wrong about the play, and you if you think that was the right move, than in comparison I feel comfortable saying I am the authority. So thanks, bud.

Top Bottom