Tinsley Pick

I refused to cheer until he scored...glad I saved it...what a damn disappointment this season is...play Gray please!!

Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Why in the world would you move the ball? He had it in the outside hand, the defense was coming from the inside. Simply leave the ball where it is, don't try to show off or whatever was being done, and the Gophers are right in the game. I have no idea what in the world he was attempting to do.

Why in the world would you move the ball? He had it in the outside hand, the defense was coming from the inside. Simply leave the ball where it is, don't try to show off or whatever was being done, and the Gophers are right in the game. I have no idea what in the world he was attempting to do.

I think he was trying to put it in both hands so he could dive. Terrible.

I'm pretty sure we have done this before

I was just discussing this rule(fumble hitting the pylon) with a friend and I was sure that the Gophers had done it recently. This was a mix of that play and the Jamal Harris fumble. Ughhh.

That Jamal Harris play against Purdue was in Brewster's first Big Ten game. Ironic that the Tinsley play could be his last.

The sad thing is I'm not even surprised. Those kinds of things are just what happens to the Gophers.

Irony

That Jamal Harris play against Purdue was in Brewster's first Big Ten game. Ironic that the Tinsley play could be his last.

The sad thing is I'm not even surprised. Those kinds of things are just what happens to the Gophers.

That's crazy, same coach, same team. It would be a fitting end to the Brewster era.

We definitely need to hire a luckier coach. This one has none.

What's the big deal? It was only a 14 point swing

We're one play away from being ahead. Oh wait, never mind.

You just did the research for Souhan's column tomorrow after Brew is fired. Let's see if he gives you credit.

To me, its a microcosm of the last 50 years of Gopher football. Seriously ... I'm not even surprised anymore to see this stuff ... just numb to it all.

That fumble prevented us from hitting the over. I figure if we take lots of penalties, cant tackle, and are reasonably good against the opponents second teamers, may as well make some money on the situation. As easy money as it is, I still can't bet against them. But others, with no ties, I've advised on the program have gotten healthy w the Gophers on parlays.

To me, its a microcosm of the last 50 years of Gopher football. Seriously ... I'm not even surprised anymore to see this stuff ... just numb to it all.

Comfortably numb. I'm right there with you, jags.

:eek:

tinsleyfumble.gif

2010 Gophers Football

Also I wouldn't be too harsh on the kid. It was a mistake but I don't think he was trying to show off. I think he knew he had defenders with an angle on him and he had to try to dive for the endzone and stretch. He was just trying to make a play and swing momentum. He's just not used to handling the ball and it didn't work out. It sucks and it's kind of a fluke thing but oh well.

And

it was the QB of all people going for the tackle!!!

Also I wouldn't be too harsh on the kid. It was a mistake but I don't think he was trying to show off. I think he knew he had defenders with an angle on him and he had to try to dive for the endzone and stretch. He was just trying to make a play and swing momentum. He's just not used to handling the ball and it didn't work out. It sucks and it's kind of a fluke thing but oh well.

Khaliq

All I can say is that your take is simply bullsh*t. He most certainly was trying to show off. He was going to try and dive over the QB like some kind of skill player. Idiot.

Anytime you get a chance to inflict punishment on the opposing team's QB, you do so. ESPECIALLY if you are a freaking linebacker. I'm not a linebacker, but if that's me and I see a QB running at me, I lower my shoulder and truck that S.O.B. and take him for a ride clean into the endzone.

The attempted dive was just hotdogging bullcrap. Tinsley totally screwed the entire team with that play and it wasn't a fluke. It was an idiotic decision by a hot dog linebacker.

I think he was trying to switch hands to protect the ball and be sure he scored. Too bad that didn't happen. It seems like an honest effort to ensure a secure ball for a TD. Then again, it IS a microcosm of our season in the most awful way.

I blame the white helmets.

I think he was trying to switch hands to protect the ball and be sure he scored. Too bad that didn't happen. It seems like an honest effort to ensure a secure ball for a TD. Then again, it IS a microcosm of our season in the most awful way.

I blame the white helmets.

The ball was already in the hand closest to the sideline and farthest away from the last man standing in his way between he and the end zone. Tinsley screwed up. End of story.

all hed have had to do was bat the ball out of bounds if he felt he was losing it.

The ball was already in the hand closest to the sideline and farthest away from the last man standing in his way between he and the end zone. Tinsley screwed up. End of story.

Did you see a different clip that Khaliq posted? It clearly starts with the ball in his right hand, the hand furthest away from the sideline. He tries to non-chalantly flip it in to his left hand which has EPIC FAIL disease.

Did you see a different clip that Khaliq posted? It clearly starts with the ball in his right hand, the hand furthest away from the sideline. He tries to non-chalantly flip it in to his left hand which has EPIC FAIL disease.

You might seriously want to see an eye doctor if you are asking me to look at the clip Khaliq posted again. I've seen it. My eyes are fine. Yours apparently are not. Look again.

The ball is in his left hand. He brings it in front of his body (stupid move) to clutch it with his right hand as well. His right hand never has control of the ball at any point and he fumbles it.

Seriously. Look again. And if you can't see what's going on, see your eye doctor immediately.

He was absolutely trying to hold the ball with both of his hands so that he could attempt to stetch out and dive into the endzone. It was a dumb play but he wasn't showing off. Trying to get into the endzone is not showboating.

I know that you would have "lowered your shoulder and trucked the S.O.B." but you see players try to stretch out and dive into the endzone all the time, and most of the players do it with two hands on the ball.

Again, it was dumb and Tinsley's fault but definitely not showboating.

Top Bottom