Timetable for Henderson's college choice

gophersfan

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted.

Seantrel Henderson is scheduled to reveal his college decision between 4 and 5 p.m. Wednesday, according to a news release that just arrived at Star Tribune World Headquarters.

The subject line on the email said: "Signing Day on CBS College Features Top Recruits and Top Coaches." That's pretty much par for the course in the hyper-frenetic world of college recruiting.

Here's more from the pre-announcement announcement:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/83373667.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUeyD8_o8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Damn.

I'm going to be passed out on bourbon by 4.00 PM.

4-5pm our time:

Channel 735 - Comcast burbs
Channel 613 - Direct TV

ESPN Insider is reporting that Seantrel is deciding tomorrow between 5 schools, none of which are Minnesota.:(

Here is the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

"ESPNU 150 offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson ready to choose

Five-star offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson of Cretin-Derham Hall (Saint Paul, Minn.) is set to announce his college decision on Signing Day among Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Florida and Miami-Florida.

Minnesota, Oklahoma and Iowa were previously in the running for the 6-foot-7, 295-pound prospect."

:cry:

ESPN Insider is reporting that Seantrel is deciding tomorrow between 5 schools, none of which are Minnesota.:(

Here is the link: http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

"ESPNU 150 offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson ready to choose

Five-star offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson of Cretin-Derham Hall (Saint Paul, Minn.) is set to announce his college decision on Signing Day among Ohio State, Notre Dame, USC, Florida and Miami-Florida.

Minnesota, Oklahoma and Iowa were previously in the running for the 6-foot-7, 295-pound prospect."

:cry:

I've heard so many different variations of SH's final schools I don't believe any of them anymore.

Well considering I just watched the Lemming Report on CBS College Sports and it had Seantrel saying his finalists were "tOSU, USC, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, and MINNESOTA", I don't put much stock in the ESPN article. Lemming thinks its between tOSU and USC with Minnesota being the darkhorse. By the way, Lemming also said Seantrel measured out at 6'8" and 340 lbs at the Army All American game.

I hope seantrel picks us just to shock ESPN and (rivals or scout, the one that removed us from his interest board), he signs with a team who he "didn't like"

Seantrel himself has said we're in the running and his last visit was with us. Why do people take so much stock in analyst's opinions just because they are associated with recognizable websites/networks?

Well considering I just watched the Lemming Report on CBS College Sports and it had Seantrel saying his finalists were "tOSU, USC, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida, and MINNESOTA", I don't put much stock in the ESPN article. Lemming thinks its between tOSU and USC with Minnesota being the darkhorse. By the way, Lemming also said Seantrel measured out at 6'8" and 340 lbs at the Army All American game.

I saw this as well. Lemming's comments were basically that even at this point, he has no idea where Seantrel is going. He did mention tOSU and USC as the favorites and the U as a darkhorse. After watching the segment, I have the sense that Lemming would not be that surprised if SH is a Gopher.

do you know if there is a replay of this online somewhere. i miss that part.

Did anybody else see the segment / interview Fox 9 just did with Seantrel and his dad? They were actually at their house interviewing them this morning (the last clip shows them getting in the sedan to take them to the airport). Seantrel is either a real good actor, or he really has not yet made up his mind. Regarding Minnesota, he said "there's no place like home". He also had another interesting comment regarding the historical success of the program he commits to, saying "everybody wins and loses". It sounds like it is more about where he feels the most comfortable - with the city, the coaches and his teammates.

Did anybody else see the segment / interview Fox 9 just did with Seantrel and his dad? They were actually at their house interviewing them this morning (the last clip shows them getting in the sedan to take them to the airport). Seantrel is either a real good actor, or he really has not yet made up his mind. Regarding Minnesota, he said "there's no place like home". He also had another interesting comment regarding the historical success of the program he commits to, saying "everybody wins and loses". It sounds like it is more about where he feels the most comfortable - with the city, the coaches and his teammates.

The clip is online. Here is the link: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/seantrel-henderson-makes-decesion-wed.

Update: the link does not appear to work, but go to http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/, and click on the Seantrel story.

Top Bottom